Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE board has made a bigger announcement regarding 2020 board examinations for class 12. Board has decided that subjects like humanities, History, English and Hindi will also have practical exams like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. As per, CBSE official's statement...
The Central Board of Secondary Education has tied up with IBM to develop a course of Artificial Intelligence in the CBSE curriculum. Now CBSE is going to introduce Artificial Intelligence as an elective subject for class 9 to 12th. The CBSE has taken this decision to...
CBSE Board Exams 2020: Attendance rules revised for Class 10, 12 students : The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced new rules to deal with the cases of short attendance of students of all its affiliated schools. The board has issued a set of...
Is your child lost in the maze of syllabus, chapters, millions of topics and huge books? Does your child feel lost in a class filled with many students? Is your child unable to bring in the best results? Well, then, you definitely need to find some alternative...
GUIDELINES ON REDUCING WEIGHT OF SCHOOL BAGS In this competitive world, where students are giving their best, an unnoticed threat rides on our back. Heavy School Bags are a serious yet unresolved threat to the health and wellbeing of the young ones. The medium of their...