Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE has announced a significant change in the CBSE 10th and 12th mark sheet of the results to be given to the students. The CBSE board also decided to end the use of the words “failed” or “compartmental” given to students in the CBSE Board Report 2020 mark sheet....
The CBSE Board released an important notification regarding the upcoming CBSE 10th and 12th Board Exam 2020. The notification states that in the Board exams for children with special needs (CWSN), the CBSE Board will allow the use of simple basic calculators. According...
The Delhi Government takes another step ahead towards Digitalization of the Education Sector by proposing digital attendance in all Delhi Government Schools. As part of the Zero Paperwork Programme the attendance in all Delhi government school to be noted on e-tablets...
CBSE board exams are just around the corner. Students of CBSE class 10th and class 12th are preparing hard to appear in the CBSE board examination 2020, they are looking for last-minute tips and tricks to get good score in the board exam. However, during examination,...
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has postponed today's Class X board examinations in violence-hit northeast Delhi after a government request. The deferred exams include two in English Literature for standard X. There are in total 86 affected centres in...
The Schools of Delhi strives for Good Health and Wellness for all its community of Students, Parents and Staff, after the daily increasing of positive cases of Coronavirus in Delhi. The Delhi Government instructed all the schools of the state on Thursday to shut down...