Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020: Problems Students May Face In Choosing Subject The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 board examination will start from February 2020. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has started the process of filling...
CBSE 10th, 12th exam 2020 application process for private candidates begins to apply by 30th Sept at cbse.nic.in CBSE Board Exam 2020 application begins: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has officially started the online application process for the...
Yes, getting a tutor is a good idea to help your child. There are many reasons why parents choose tutors for their children. Some parents feel unable to help their children with homework and some don’t have enough time for this. Some think that their children are more...
CBSE Registration 2019-2020: Check latest rules for students' registration in class IX and XI The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has changed the registration rules for class 9 to streamline the processes related to examinations in a time-efficient manner...
Are you in CBSE Class 12 academic session 2019-2020? If yes, then you have to check out what CBSE has brought the major changes for the class 12 examination pattern for board exam 2020. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has reportedly come up with new...
CBSE Class 12th Board Exam 2020: Here are some exam preparation tips Every year the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts annual board exams for the students of 10th and 12th grade in February / March. Class 12th board exams play a very significant role...