Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Central Board of Secondary Education and Microsoft join hands to build capacity for AI learning for schools : The officials from the Central Board of Secondary Education have announced that they have partnered with Microsoft India to conduct several capacity building...
GUIDELINES ON REDUCING WEIGHT OF SCHOOL BAGS In this competitive world, where students are giving their best, an unnoticed threat rides on our back. Heavy School Bags are a serious yet unresolved threat to the health and wellbeing of the young ones. The medium of their...
Being a student is fairly a difficult job. Alongside maintaining your curricular as well as extra-curricular activities adds more to it. Performance in academics is one of the major concerns. Every parent now tries to get their children more indulged in studies. Need...
CBSE class 10, 12 board exam: important information to prevent problems for students : The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an advisory for the students of class 10 and class 12 board. As per the notice, the registration of students appearing in...
Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE is to conduct the 10th and 12th Board Examination 2020 from February 15, 2020. Due to University Admissions, CBSE has shifted Board Exams dates from 1 March to February 15 from 2019. This year too CBSE would be making changes...
CBSE board has made a bigger announcement regarding 2020 board examinations for class 12. Board has decided that subjects like humanities, History, English and Hindi will also have practical exams like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. As per, CBSE official's statement...