Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 5 English Race of the rivers Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 5 English. Standard 5 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 5 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 5 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
CBSE Class 5 English Race of the rivers.Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practise them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
RACE OF THE RIVERS
1) Khasi – a language spoken in Meghalaya.
2) Lum Shyllong – the highest point in the Khasi Hills.
3) sier – a red deer.
4) rhododendrons – bushes with colourful flowers.
5) Sylhet – a region in Bangladesh.
6) meandering – curving and bending.
7) Rupa tylli –a broad , flat, silver necklace.
8) chorused – said the same thing at the same time.
Answer the following.
1) How did the two sisters spend their days?
Ans) The two sisters spent their days playing with each other and enjoying nature.
2) Why did Ka Ngot expect Ka Iew to suddenly gush down and surprise her?
Ans) Ka Ngot expected Ka Iew to suddenly gush down and surprise her because Ka Iew was usually much faster than Ka Ngot and jumped out of hiding places to surprise her.
3) Why did the people call Ka Ngot, ‘Rupa tylli’?
Ans) People called Ka Ngot ‘Rupa tylli’ because she glittered in the sun like the sliver necklace worn by Khasi women.
LESSON – 2
The Restless Kangaroo
1) Pouch 2) Tucked 3) Stamped 4) Sneezed 5) Gazed
6) Obvious 7) Paws 8) Scratched 9) Blinked 10) Tugged
1) Stand watch – guard
2) Antlers – horns
3) Snorted – breathed noisily
Answer these questions.
1) When we trouble someone knowingly we are called ‘naughty’ . However , in the story the director says, ‘I don’t think he is naughty. He is just a restless little kangaroo’. Why do you think the director says so?
Ans) The director says that the Joey is just a ‘restless’ kangaroo because the Joey doesn’t realize he is troubling his mother.
2) By the end of the story Tanga did not live in pen any more. She was moved to a big cage in the zoo’s main building. Imagine you are Tanga and give two reasons for the following:
a) I like this arrangement very much because……
Ans) The floor is smooth and comfortable to sleep peacefully.
b) I miss my old pen because…….
Ans) I am in a cage in a building.
2) Does the story have a happy ending? Explain.
Ans) Yes, because it is a win win situation for the people and the joey.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 5 English Race of the rivers
Click for more English Study Material ›