Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 5 English Noun Assignment Set A. Get printable school Assignments for Class 5 English. Standard 5 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 5 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 5 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
Children you already know:
• A sentence is a group of words which expresses a complete thought.
• A nounis a word that functions as the name of some specific thing or set of things.
• Adjectives are words that describe or modify another person or thing in the sentence.
• Verbs are necessary component of all sentences. Subject and verb agreement means matching the correct form of the subject with the correct form of the verb. Singular subjects go with the singular form of the verb. Plural subjects go with the plural form of the verb.
• An adverb is a word or set of words that modifies verbs, adjectives or other adverbs.
Q1. Read the following sentences. Circle the letter that identifies the type of sentence.
1. This classroom is green.
2. Who is the principal of your school?
3. My father works at the newspaper.
4. Wow, you did a great job!
5. Stay in your seat.
Q2. Circle the noun if it is a concrete noun, and underline the noun if it is an abstract noun.
1. He was given an award for his courage.
2. The door slammed shut.
3. She thought that happiness was the most important thing in life.
4. He dropped his phone with a crash.
5. Time is a great teacher.
Q3. Underline the adjective and state whether it is cardinal or ordinal.
1. Sonia won the first place in the art competition. __________________
2. There are ten players in a basketball game. __________________
3.May is the fifth month of the year. __________________
4. I have two sisters. __________________
5. I have seven friends. __________________
Q4. Choose the correct form of the verb to match each subject.
1.He (sing/sings) ____________________
2. The boys (see/sees) ____________________
3. They (talk/talks) _______________________
4. Sarah (read/reads) _______________________
5. My mom (sit/sits) _______________________
Q5. Identify the adverb and state its kind.
1. I can’t find her anywhere. __________________
2. The movie will start soon. __________________
3.I looked amazingly at the bright, starry sky. __________________
4. She was already there with the boys. __________________
5. I hungrily gobbled up my dinner. __________________
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 5 English Noun Assignment Set A
Click for more English Study Material ›