Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 7 Social Science Sample Paper Set Y designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 7 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 7 Social Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Social Science Standard 7 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 7 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 7 Social Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
CBSE Class 7 Social Science Sample Paper Set Y.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
(Multiple choice questions i to xv carry 1 mark each)
1 . Write the correct answer from the given choices.
i. Hampi was the capital of ___________Empire.
a) Mughal b) Chalukya c) Chola d) Vijayanagara
ii. Paiks were ________.
a) forced labourers b) nomadic tribesm c) shifting cultivators d) poets
iii. Ramanuja was influenced by the _____________.
a) Nayanars b) Sufis c) Alvars d) Siddhas
iv. Odissi is a classical dance of ___________.
a) Tamil Nadu b) Kerala c) Manipur d) Odisha
v. Who started the concept of Langar
a) Guru Gobind Singh b) Guru Arjun Singh c) Guru Nanak d) Guru Tej Bahadur
vi. Drass, one of the coldest inhabited places on earth is located in _________
a) China b) Egypt c) Ladakh d) Sudan
vii. Trans-Siberian is the world’s longest ___________.
a) Super highway b) railway system
c) Waterways d) tunnel
viii. Thorny bushes are found in ________________.
a) Cold polar climate b) hot and humid tropical climate
c) Hot and dry desert climate d) tropical climate
ix. Manioc is the staple food of ________.
a) Ganga basin b) Africa
c) Amazon d) Australia
x. We can communicate with a large number of people through __________.
a) Newspapers b) Radio
c) Television d) All the above
xi. ____________ is known as the gold capital of the world.
a) Johannesberg b) Kimberly
c) Pretoria d) None of the above
xii. Erode is a bi-weekly market in ______________.
a) Gujarat b) Kerala
c) Tamil Nadu d) Karnataka`
xiii. A chain of market is a_________________.
a) A series of markets b) wholesale market
c) Weekly market d) shopping complex
xiv. Social advertisements are made by______________.
a) Politicians b) common people
c) State or private agencies d) officers
xv. The struggle of the TMS related to the state of ____________.
a) Rajasthan b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Karnataka d) West Bengal
(Answer Questions 2 to 12 briefly and each carries 2 marks)
2. What are the important architectural features of the temples in Bengal?
3. Explain the policies adopted by Asf Jah to strengthen his position?
4. Why did the conquerors try to control the temple of Lord Jagannath at Puri?
5. What changes took place in Varna-based society?
6. Mention the uses of coniferous forest.
7. Mention any two merits of railways.
8. Name the rivers that drain the Velds.
9. What are the temperate Grasslands of North America called? Why they are known as the granaries of the world?
10. Explain briefly - Censorship
11. Why are things cheap in the weekly market?
12. What do you understand by the word brand?
(Answer Questions 13 to 23 and each carries 3 marks)
13. How was the administration of the Ahom state organized?
14. What is Manipravalam? Name a book written in that language.
15. What were the major ideas expressed by Kabir?
16. Why did people from distant land to visit Surat?
17. What are the climatic conditions of the Ladakh desert?
18. What do you mean by a site? Mention the natural conditions for selection of an ideal site.
19. Describe the flora and fauna of the Velds.
20. How does topography play a role in distribution of population in the Ganga Brahmaputra basin
21. In what ways do the media play an important role in democracy?
22. What are the demands foreign buyers make on the garment exporters? Why the garment exporter does agree to these demands?
23. What role does the Constitution play in people’s struggles for equality?
(Answer Questions 13 to 23 and each carries 3 marks)
24. Write the features of Bhakti Movement in Maharashtra.
25. What are the causes for the decline of the Mughal Empire?
What are the differences and similarities between the Ahoms and the Gonds?
26. Distinguish between tropical deciduous forests and tropical evergreen forests.
27. Mention any two mass media. In what ways they are useful to us?
28. Mark the following in outline map of world. (Attempt any one)
b) Sahara desert
c) Cape town
d) The Maratha Kingdom
a) Rocky mountains
c) Karakoram range
d) The Rajput Territories
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 Social Science Sample Paper Set Y.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›