CBSE Class 7 Social Science Sample Paper Set B. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
Choose the correct option.
1. Which century witnessed major political changes in the Indian subcontinent?
a. 7th century AD b. 18th century AD c. 4th century AD d. 5th century AD
2. How many years of his life did Aurangzeb spend fighting wars in the Deccan?
a. 10 years b. 25 years c. 5years d. 15 years
3. Name the ruler of Persia, who invaded India in AD 1739.
a. Ahmad Shah Abdali b. Nadir Shah c. Bahadur Shah d. Shah Alam
4. Name the region originally under the Mughals, which was a prosperous area on the fertile flood plain of the Ganga.
a. Awadh b. Patna c. Kanauj d. Hyderabad
5. Who was appointed in AD 1713 as the Viceroy of the Deccan.
a. Murshid Kuli Khan b. Qamaruddin Chin Quilich Khan c. Quilich Khan d. Saadat Khan
6. Who was the founder of his new capital at Jaipur?
a. Raja Jaswant Singh b. Raja Jai Singh c. Raja Sawai Singh d. Jai Singh II
7. Which Sikh Guru was put to death for helping Shah Jahan rebel against him?
a. Guru Nanak Dev b. Guru Arjan Dev c. Guru Gobind Singh d. Bahadur
8. Name the warfare used by Shivaji against mughals.
a. guerilla warfare b. satyagraha c. armoured warfare d. modern warfare
9. Who was the step- brother of Sambhaji?
a. Balaji b. Rajaram c. Tarabai d. Shivaji
10. Who was the leader of Jat peasants of Mathura – Agra region? Who rebelled against the high taxes levied by the mughal rulers?
a. Shekhar b. Gukula c. Surajmal d. Baji Rao
11. Who was the ruler Bengal who was defeated by the British in the Battle of Plassey?
a. Shajauddanlah b. Alvardi Kha c. Sirajuddaulah d. Name of the above
12. When did third battle of Panipat take place?
a. AD 1761 b. AD1945 c. AD 1755 d. AD1857
1. What is the land that has a dense cover of trees and shrubs called?
a. grasslands b. scrublands c. forests d. vegetarian
2. Name the forests found in the Amazon and the Orinoco basins of South America and the South –
East Asian countries.
a. Tropical deciduous b. Tropical evergreen c. Thorny shrubs d. Mediterranean
3. Name the forests that grow between latitudes 300 and 450 in the Northern and Southern
a. Temperate evergreen b. Evergreen c. Mediterranean d. taiga
4. Which forests have four distinct seasons.
a. Temperate b. deciduous c. Temperate deciduous d. tropical
5. One of the main cash crops in the deltaic region of the river Ganga:
a. rice b. jute c. cotton d. sugarcane
6. Name the largest river in the world, which is a perennial, snow – fed river.
a. Nile b. Amazon c. Caribbean d. Negro
7. What are the people, who gather latex from rubber trees in the forests of Amazon Basin known as?
a. pigmies b. tribals c. malocas d. seringueiros
8. From where does Brahmaputra originate in Tibet?
a. Tsang-po b. glacial lake mansarovar c. sunderbans d. Dihang
9. What are most of the people in Ganga – Brahamputra Basin engaged in?
a. trading b. agriculture c. painting d. grazing
10. What is the process of raising silkworm in order to obtain raw silk called?
a. weaving b. sericulture c. agriculture d. sculptor
1. What is Kanchipuram famous for?
a. cotton sarees b. silk sarees c. synthetic cloth d. nylon cloth
2. What is the selling of sarees to customers directly at a small profit called?
a. selling b. direct marketing c. wholesaling d. trading
3. Which trees are needed for better silk yarn to be produced?
a. neem b. mulberry c. dhak d. peepal
4. What do weavers form to protect their interests?
a. council b. group c. cooperative socities d. union
5. What is the process through which the dealers convey the specifications given by the wholesaler to the weaver called?
a. writing system b. putting – out system c. indirect marketing d. production
6. About fifty years ago silk yarn was bought from which state?
a. Kerala b. Chennai c. Karnataka d. Kanchipuram
7. How far from Chennai is the temple town of Kanchipuram?
a. 15 miles b. 40 miles c. 30 miles d. 10 miles
8. Who gets the major portion of the profits in the new system of indirect marketing?
a. The weaver b. The shopkeeper
c. The intermediaries d. The profits are shared equally
Note: All the answers should be done on the answer sheet.
I. Answer in a sentence. (½ x6=3)
1. What term was used for an indigenous tribe in India?
2. Who worked as transporters of the Mughal armies?
3. What were Ahom chronicles called?
4. What was the term used for shifting cultivation practised by tribal people in India?
5. Name the tribe of the Nilgiris who believe in the goddess Gangamma and Heththe.
6. To which family did Gondi language belong?
II. Answer in two – three sentences.
1. Name any one prominent tribe each of Northern and Southern India?
2. Who was Rani Durgawati?
3. Mention any one prominent battle between the Mughals and the Ahoms?
4. Name the religious book of the Sikhs.
5. Name the prominent Bhakti saint who was devotee of Ramanand?
6. Name two popular religious movements of medieval India.
7. What did Bhakti Saints denounce?
8. What do you understand by the term ‘Bhakti’?
9. What were Sufi saints known as?
10. Whom did the Alvars worship?
11. Whose disciple was Amir Khusrau?
12. What did Sufi pirs use as a means of realizing God?
13. Whom did Nayanmars worship?
III. Answer in brief. (2x3=6)
1. What was the origin of the Sufis?
2. Write about the food habits of the Gonds?
3. What is meant by egalitarian?
IV. ANSWER IN DETAIL.
1. Give two examples, from different fields, for the influence of tribal culture on larger society.
I. Answer in a sentence.
1. How much % salt does ocean water contain?
2. What is the most common factor for formation of waves?
3. What is an acquifer?
4. What are goats reared for?
5. What is the other name for Sahara desert?
6. Name a species of antelope found in the veldt.
II. Answer in two – three sentences.
1. Name any four types of birds found in the Sahara.
2. Name any two Buddhist monasteries in Ladakh.
3. Name any four farming machines used for extensive farming.
4. Name a place where diamond is mined in South Africa.
5. What portion of the earth covers the water?
6. What kind of current is the Gulf Stream?
7. What is water table?
8. What do you understand by mixed farming?
III. Answer in four to six sentences.
1. Give any two reasons, why wind blows at great speed in the prairies?
IV. 1. Draw a diagram of tides and label it. (4)
2. Mark the following deserts on the world map. (3)
a. Sahara b. Atacama c. Gobi d. Kalahari
e. Great Basin Mojave f. Tundra
I. Answer in one sentence. (½x6=3)
1. What is universally acceptable, as a means of payment?
2. What are the people who buy and sell things in bulk called?
3. What are the markets that cater to the immediate needs of an area called?
4. Do men also face any form of gender stereotyping or discrimination?
5. In which sector do most of the female work?
6. Who heads the family in traditional patriarchal societies?
II. Answer in two – four sentences. (1x9=9)
1. What is gender?
2. What is stereotyping?
3. What is the informal sector?
4. What is a market?
5. What are supermarkets?
6. What is a weekly market?
7. Give two examples of wholesale markets?
8. What do you understand by ‘barter’?
9. What is meant by the invisibilisation of a woman’s work?
III. Answer in four to six sentences.
1. What are the factors determining people’s choice of markets. Write any four points.
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 7 Social Science Sample Paper Set B.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›