CBSE Class 4 English Sample Paper Set G. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
Tick (√) the correct answers:
1. The river Ganga starts from __________.
a) Himadri b) Mt. Everest c) Assam d) Gangotri glacier
2. The Bhakra Nangal Dam is built on the river___________.
a) Ganga b) Satluj c) Yamuna d) Bhagirathi
3. Important cities of the Desert region are_____________.
a) Jaisalmer b) Jodhpur c) Bikaner d) All of these
4. Black soil is especially good for ____________.
a) Wheat b) Rice c) Cotton d) millets
5. Forests provide us with ___________.
a) oxygen b) paper c) medicines d) All of these
6. Which is a folk dance of Rajasthan?
a) Odissi b) Ghoomar c) Kathak d) Bihu
7. Mussorie is an important hill station in the state of____________.
a) Sikkim b) Assam c) Uttarakhand d) Punjab
8. The official language in India is ___________.
a) English b) Hindi c) Bengali d) Urdu
9. Which is an example of British architecture in India?
a) Victoria Memorial b) Rashtrapati Bhavan c) Parliament House d) All of these
10. Different forms of the same language is called___________.
a) Script b) Dialect c) Odissi d) classical
1. Give two names for the following :- (½ x10=5)
a) Two ranges of the Himalayas.
b) Two folk dances of Punjab.
c) Two rivers of the Deccan Plateau.
d) Two fuels obtained from the earth.
e) Two Buddhist Stupas.
2. Give one word for the following:- (1x5=5)
a) A body of people that governs or rules a country. ____________
b) Practices that are handed down to us from the past.__________
c) Natural resources which once used up are not renewed by nature.____________
d) People who move from one place to another. ________
e) The lowest point in a range of mountains.____________
3. Define the following :- (1x5=5)
b) Sand dunes
4. Answer the following in one sentence :- (1x5=5)
a) What do people in Kashmir carry under their phiran in winter?
b) Into how many river basins can the Northern Plains be divided?
c) Which animal is found only in the Kaziranga sanctuary?
d) What is an Oasis?
e) Which paintings did the Mughals introduce in India?
5. Answer in short :- (2x5=10)
a) From where do the Himalayas get their name?
b) Name a few tourist attractions of Rajasthan.
c) What is a plateau?
d) What are natural resources?
e) Where do most villages in deserts come up?
6. Give reasons :- (2x3=6)
a) How do the Himalayas affect the climate of the Northern Plains of India?
b) Many rivers in the Southern Plateau dry up in summers. Why?
c) On which occasions are folk dances performed?
7. Answer in detail :- (3x3=9)
a) List three of our important duties as citizens.
b) List four uses of soil.
c) Why is the camel still a very important means of transport in the desert?
8. Mark the following neighbouring countries and oceans on the outline map of India: (1x5=5)
d) Bay of Bengal
e) Arabian Sea
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 4 English Sample Paper Set G.
Click for more English Study Material ›