Sample Paper for Class 4 English Pdf
Students can refer to the below Class 4 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 4 exams. Please download CBSE Class 4 English Sample Paper Set D
English Class 4 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 4 English Sample Paper Set D. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I. Tick ( √ ) the correct option :
1. George and Harris started their packing by breaking a ______________ .
a. cup b. flower vase c. plate
2. The poet of „Foreign Land ‟ is ___________________ .
a. Sheila Braine b. Robert Louis Stevenson c. Katharine Pyle
3. The king asked the miller‟s daughter to spin straw into _______.
a. silver b. ruby c. gold
4. The boy in the poem „Foreign Land‟ climbed the __________ tree .
a. cherry b. palm c. coconut
5. Reshma received a _________ of flowers from her friend.
a. pride b. herd c. bouquet
6. How many _________ do you want to hear?
a. story b. stories c. storys
7. Feminine of wizard is ________.
a. witch b. madam c. aunt
8. Circle the correct spelling.
a. prspiration b. perspiration c. perpiration
9. Ravi has come to school today. ______ is not well .
a. I b. Me c. He
10. There are many _______ preparing for the competition.
a. girls b. girl c. child
I. Answer the following in 3-4 sentences : (2×3=6)
1. What did the little man ask for on the third night?
2. How long did George and Harris take to do the packing?
3. Which „foreign lands‟ is the poet looking at? Are they really „foreign‟ ?
II. Answer the following in 5-6 sentences : (3×1=3)
1. What happened to the butter in “ Packing for the Trip” ?
III. Complete the stanza : (2)
If I could find ___________
________ among the ships.
IV. Write the meaning and make sentence from the following words : (1×2=2)
1. adorned 2. extraordinary
V. Complete the following sentences: (1x 2=2)
1. The first foreign place that the poet sees is ______________.
2. The sky‟s looking glass is the _____________________.
VI. State whether the following sentences are Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative or Exclamatory: (½×4=2)
1. New Delhi is the capital of India.
2. How many chocolates can you eat?
3. Please be quiet.
4. What a beautiful house!
VII. Rewrite these sentences using punctuation where necessary: (1×2=2)
1. will you come to my house
2. dinosaurs lived millions of years ago
VIII. Underline the nouns in the following sentences and state their kind : (1x3=3)
i. Watch out for that swarm of bees.
ii. He received an award for his bravery.
iii. I will be visiting New York next month.
IX. Re-write the sentences after changing the underlined nouns from singular to plural: i. Put the bottle on the shelf. (1x3=3)
ii. The pencil is in the box.
iii. The child is playing with a toy.
X. Re-write the sentences after changing the underlined nouns from feminine to masculine gender:
1. The new bride is my sister.
2. The daughter took care of her mother .
3. The princess had a pet tigress.
XI. Choose the correct pronoun from the following sentences : (½×4 =2)
1. The donkey fell down because (you/ it) was tired.
2. John is a postman. (He/I) carries a blue bag.
3. Aman and Shekhar are best friends. (They/We) study in the same school.
4. Come and tell (me/it) what happened.
1. Read the passage and answer the questions that follow :
Once upon a time, there were three Billy Goats. There was a big goat, a middlesized goat and a little goat. The three goats loved to eat. They ate grass all day long on the hill. But they never crossed the bridge to eat the grass on the other side because a
giant lived under the bridge.
One day, the little Billy Goat looked at the green grass on the other side of the bridge. “I‟m not scared of a silly old giant,” he said . “I am going to cross the bridge.”
So, the little Billy Goat set off across the bridge. Trip, trip, trip, trap went his bridge.
“Who is trying to cross the bridge?” the giant roared. “It‟s only me!” said the little Billy
Goat. “I am going to eat the green grass on the other side of the bridge.”
A. Answer the following questions : (1×3=3)
1. What did the three goats love to eat?
2. Why did the goats never cross the bridge?
3. Who decided to cross the bridge?
B. Find words in the passage which mean the opposite of the words given below: (1×2=2)
1. small -
2. night -
2. Write the given jumbled letter in the correct format: (5)
1. I am very happy to receive your letter.
2. Dear Karan
3. Our final exams are beginning on 18th September. I am studying very hard.
4. Yours lovingly, Tushar
5. A-401, Krishna Nagar, Delhi
6. Hope you give a quick reply.
7. Are you studying hard?
8. I am hoping to do better this time than the first unit term exams.
9. 12th September, 2015
10. Do convey my regards to uncle and aunt.
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 4 English Sample Paper Set D.