NCERT Class 12 Graphics Design Advertising Design. Download NCERT Chapters and Books in pdf format. Easy to print and read. Copies of these textbooks may be downloaded and used as textbooks or for reference. Refer to other chapters and books at other links (NCERT now providing you soft copies of all textbooks of all subjects from class first to twelfth online).
Traditionally media meant print, radio, television, cinema and outdoor advertising. But over a period of time it has changed very much. Today almost anything that can reach and influence prospective consumers or public at large is defined as media. These days advertisers depend a lot more on digital media.
The word media is the plural form of medium, ideally meaning a substance for transmitting an effect or any intervening agent like water in water colour and oil in oil paint: whereas, in this context it means “channel for communication of information.”
Earlier newspaper was the only media for communicating news and current affairs. Then radio and television became popular and there were designated time slots for news at prime time. Now news is received in different forms, on digital platforms, mobile phones and outdoor sites. Audiences can be reached anywhere and any time. The development and growth of digital technology has influenced the advertising industry and its working style. Now-a-days traditional media is supported by digital media in all strategic communication plans. However, it is felt that due to its viability and economic positioning it has far reaching results and in the coming times it is poised to take over the conventional media. The advertising strategy as a whole requires a balance between creative thinking and business acumen. It is imperative that a person with an indepth knowledge of other areas of advertising like media, planning, costing, marketing etc. will definitely score a commanding edge.
What Is Media Planning
The selection of media is a specialised task considering the suitability for a diverse mass consumer market like India. It is the job of the media planner to decide the media or media mix for communicating the message.
It is the largest single organised advertising medium in India. Readers of newspapers and magazines are in a mood to assimilate news and information.
A newspaper is described as ‘printed periodical’ containing news published daily.
Advantages of a newspaper
• The market can be broadly selected, catering to different types.
• The medium permits flexibility of length and size.
• Advertisements can be enhanced by the use of colour.
• Advertising can be inserted at a fairly short notice.
• Advertising can be restricted to a region, if required.
• Dailies have a short life, so reading time is very limited.
• Reproduction of most vernacular papers is not of high standard, and so advertisements also suffer if they fail to attract attention.
1. Explain the difference between print and electronic media, giving examples of their advantages and disadvantages.
2. For a rural campaign on ‘save the girl child’ which media would you use and why?
3. According to you which one is the oldest communication media? Support your answer with examples.
4. For an advertiser, what are the advantages and disadvantages of multiple radio and television channels?
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 12 Graphics Design Advertising Design
Click for more Graphics Design Study Material ›