Download CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks Notes in PDF format. All Revision notes for Class 12 Computer Science have been designed as per the latest syllabus and updated chapters given in your textbook for Computer Science in Class 12. Our teachers have designed these concept notes for the benefit of Class 12 students. You should use these chapter wise notes for revision on daily basis. These study notes can also be used for learning each chapter and its important and difficult topics or revision just before your exams to help you get better scores in upcoming examinations, You can also use Printable notes for Class 12 Computer Science for faster revision of difficult topics and get higher rank. After reading these notes also refer to MCQ questions for Class 12 Computer Science given on studiestoday
Revision Notes for Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks
Class 12 Computer Science students should refer to the following concepts and notes for Communication And Computer Networks in Class 12. These exam notes for Class 12 Computer Science will be very useful for upcoming class tests and examinations and help you to score good marks
Communication And Computer Networks Notes Class 12 Computer Science
Communication and Computer Networks
Network→ It is an interconnected collection of autonomous computers
Network Goals →
1. Resource sharing --- All programs, data and peripherals are available to anyone on the network irrespective to the physical location of the resource and the user.
2. High Reliability --- A file could be replicated on two or three machines, so if one of them is unavailable (hardware crash), the other copies could be available.
3. Cost Factor --- Personal Computers (PC’s) have a much better price/performance ratio than micro ones.
4. Communication Medium --- A file that was updated/modified on a network, can be seen by the other users on the network immediately.
1. Sharing of data, programs and peripherals
2. Access to remote programs.
3. Access to remote databases.
4. Value-added communication facilities.
1. Speed --- Sharing and transferring files within Networks are very rapid. Thus saving time, while maintaining the integrity of the file.
2. Security --- Sensitive files and programs on a network are passwords protected so no illegal copying of programs is there.
3. Centralized Software Management --- Software can be loaded on one computer eliminating that need to spend time installing on independent computers.
4. Resource Sharing --- Resources such as, printers, fax machines and modems can be shared. Therefore is cheaper than to have these on many systems.
5. Improve Communications --- E-mail aids in personal and professional communication. Electronic mail on a LAN can enable staff to communicate within the building having tot to leave their desk.
1. Cabling can be expensive to install and replace.
2. A fault with the server will prevent the whole network from working.
3. Security measures are needed to restrict access to the network.
4. WANs are vulnerable to hackers and viruses.
5. Server faults stop applications being available
6. Network faults can cause loss of data and resources
7. User work dependent upon network
8. Could degrade in performance
9. Resources could be located too far from users
10. Network management can become difficult for very large networks
The communication media is divided into two categories :-
1. Guided Media ---- includes cables for transmission. The basic types are :-
a. Twisted Pair Cables
b. Coaxial Cables
c. Optical Fiber Cables
2. Unguided Media ---- includes waves through air, water or vacuum for transmission. The basic types are:-
a. Micro Wave
b. Radio Wave
Twisted Pair Cables Cables without a shield are called Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP). As shown in Fig below:-
Important point related to twisted pair cables :-
• The wire comes in pairs and the pair are twisted around each other
• VGM (Voice Grade Medium) for telephone wiring
• DGM (Data Grade Medium) a high quality cable used for LAN applications
• It stops signal interference that is crosstalk (Bleeding of signals from one wire to another) which can corrupt signals and cause network errors.
• The degree of reduction in noise interference is determined by the number of turns per foot. Increasing the number of turns per foot reduces the noise interference.
• To further improve noise rejection, a foil or wire braid shield is woven around the twisted pairs. Cables with a shield are called Shielded Twisted Pair (STP). As shown is figures A and B given below :-
1. It is simple 5. It is very inexpensive
2. It is physically flexible 6. Easy to add additional network devices, therefore supports large
3. It can be easily connected number of network devices
4. It is easy to install and maintain 7. It has a low weight
1. High attenuation (signal loss) limits individual runs to 100 meters
2. Repeaters should be used to carry signals for long distances
3. Its low bandwidth makes it unsuitable for broadband applications
4. Maximum data rate without conditioning 1Mbps and with conditioning 10 Mbps UTP cable is available in five grades (or categories) :-
Important point related to Coaxial pair cables :-
• Coaxial Cable consists of two conductors.
• The inner conductor is held inside an insulator with the other conductor woven around it providing a shield. An insulating protective coating called a jacket covers the outer conductor.
• The outer shield protects the inner conductor from outside electrical signals.
• Coaxial cables are used for Cable TV (in CATV form) and Ethernets.
• This cable allows higher data rates to be transferred than the Twisted Pair cable.
1. Can be used for broadband transmissions i.e. many channels transmitted simultaneously
2. Offer higher bandwidths upto 400 MBPS
3. Data transmission is better than Twisted Pair cable
4. Low cost due to less total footage of cable, hubs not needed
5. Lower attenuation (disturbance)than twisted pair Optical Fiber ′ Jacket Thin Glass Rods Cladding Core
1. Expensive as compared to Twisted Pair cables
2. They are not compatible with twisted pair cables
3. Limited in network speed
4. Limited in size of network
5. One bad connector can take down entire network
Important point related to Fiber Optical cables :-
• It consists of thin strands of glass or glass like material that carry light from a source at one end to a detector at the other end
• Light sources used are either LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) or LDs (Laser Diodes)
• Data transmitted is modulated onto light using frequency modulation techniques
• Bandwidth is very high, for LEDs is 20 to 150 Mbps and for LDs even higher
1. Can be used for broadband transmissions where many channels are handled in parallel
2. Guarantee Secure Transmission: cannot tap into cable.
3. Noise, Radio-Frequency, Electrical and Magnetic Immunity
4. Longer distances than copper wire
5. Smaller and lighter than copper wire
6. Faster transmission rate
1. Difficult to install
2. Connecting two fibers or a fiber to a light source is a difficult process
3. Light can reach the receiver out of phase
4. Difficult to solder and slice
5. Limited physical arc of cable. Bend it too much & it will break!
6. Expensive than all cables
7. Connection losses are common problem
Micro Wave →
How it works :-
• Microwave Signals are used to transmit data instead of cable which are similar to radio and television signals and are used for long distance communications
• Microwave transmission consists of transmitter, receiver and the atmosphere.
• This transmission is also known as Line-of-Sight transmission. The Transmit station must be in visible contact with the receive station.
• Parabolic antennas are mounted on towers to send a beam to other antenna far away.
• The higher the tower, higher is the range. With 100 meter high tower a distance of 100 Km is feasible.
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Computer Science - Communication and Computer Networks.
|CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Computing and Binary Operation Notes|
More Study Material
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks Notes
We hope you liked the above notes for topic Communication And Computer Networks which has been designed as per the latest syllabus for Class 12 Computer Science released by CBSE. Students of Class 12 should download and practice the above notes for Class 12 Computer Science regularly. All revision notes have been designed for Computer Science by referring to the most important topics which the students should learn to get better marks in examinations. Studiestoday is the best website for Class 12 students to download all latest study material.
Notes for Computer Science CBSE Class 12 Communication And Computer Networks
Our team of expert teachers have referred to the NCERT book for Class 12 Computer Science to design the Computer Science Class 12 notes. If you read the concepts and revision notes for one chapter daily, students will get higher marks in Class 12 exams this year. Daily revision of Computer Science course notes and related study material will help you to have a better understanding of all concepts and also clear all your doubts. You can download all Revision notes for Class 12 Computer Science also from www.studiestoday.com absolutely free of cost in Pdf format. After reading the notes which have been developed as per the latest books also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Computer Science provided by our teachers
Communication And Computer Networks Notes for Computer Science CBSE Class 12
All revision class notes given above for Class 12 Computer Science have been developed as per the latest curriculum and books issued for the current academic year. The students of Class 12 can rest assured that the best teachers have designed the notes of Computer Science so that you are able to revise the entire syllabus if you download and read them carefully. We have also provided a lot of MCQ questions for Class 12 Computer Science in the notes so that you can learn the concepts and also solve questions relating to the topics. All study material for Class 12 Computer Science students have been given on studiestoday.
Communication And Computer Networks CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Notes
Regular notes reading helps to build a more comprehensive understanding of Communication And Computer Networks concepts. notes play a crucial role in understanding Communication And Computer Networks in CBSE Class 12. Students can download all the notes, worksheets, assignments, and practice papers of the same chapter in Class 12 Computer Science in Pdf format. You can print them or read them online on your computer or mobile.
Notes for CBSE Computer Science Class 12 Communication And Computer Networks
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science latest books have been used for writing the above notes. If you have exams then you should revise all concepts relating to Communication And Computer Networks by taking out a print and keeping them with you. We have also provided a lot of Worksheets for Class 12 Computer Science which you can use to further make yourself stronger in Computer Science
You can download notes for Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks for latest academic session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the link above and download notes PDFs for Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks which you can use for daily revision
Yes, the notes issued for Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks have been made available here for latest CBSE session
You can easily access the link above and download the Class 12 Notes for Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks for each topic in Pdf
There is no charge for the notes for CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks, you can download everything free of charge
www.studiestoday.com is the best website from which you can download latest notes for Communication And Computer Networks Computer Science Class 12
Come to StudiesToday.com to get best quality topic wise notes for Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks
We have provided all notes for each topic of Class 12 Computer Science Communication And Computer Networks as per latest CBSE syllabus