IMPORTANT POINTS WHILE WRITING A NOTICE :
- Think of an eye – catching caption-preferably a phrase and not a sentence.
- The rest of the details should be in order of importance and in crisp short sentences.
- The language of the notice should be impersonal. Use passive voice as possible.
- Mention the name of the body / organization organizing the event.
- State clearly if the event is for any cause.
- The notice must be dated.
- Do not use the first person e.g. ‘I’ or second person, e.g.’ you’.
- Put the notice in a box.
(i) You are Jim, student editor of St. James School, Lucknow. Draft a notice, for the School notice board, inviting names of those who would like to give articles, stories, etc for the School magazine.
(ii) You are Aishwarya a student of class X at G.M.Amrisar. During the lunch break you lost a library book on the playground of the school . Draft a notice to be put up on the school notice board.