CBSE Class 10 English Worksheet - Revision (7)
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
WORKSHEET ENGLISH CLASS-X
TEST YOUR SKILLS
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS
1. How was the frog before the arrival of the nightingale? What was the attitude of others towards him in the bog?
2. How did the frog introduce himself to the nightingale? How was she influenced by the frog?
3. How did the wily frog exploit the magical voice of the nightingale to his own advantage?
4. How did the frog bully the nightingale and with what results?
5. How did the wicked frog bring the death of the poor nightingale?
6. Was the nightingale really “stupid”? Give your own estimate of her character in 30-40 words.
7. What is the message that you get after reading Vikram Seth’s ‘The Frog and the Nightingale?’
8. How were the creatures of the bog got attracted towards the sumac tree and why did they stop coming there in the end?
9. Give some examples to prove that the nightingale was really oblivious of her talent and ability.
10. How was the nightingale ‘prone to influence’? Give two examples from the text.
11. Do you think the nightingale was responsible for her own tragic end? How?
12. Find the ironical ending of the poem? Do you find the statement of the frog about the nightingale ironical? If yes, how?
13. How did the frog outwit the unsuspecting nightingale making her a means of gratifying his greed and inflated ego?
14. Describe the tragic end of the nightingale.
I. LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS
1. Describe the irony in the words of the frog: “your song must be your own.” How did the
Nightingale suffer her tragic fate?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 English Worksheet - Revision (7)
Click for more English Study Material ›