Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 English Revision Worksheet Set L. Students and teachers of Class 10 English can get free printable Worksheets for Class 10 English in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 10 students should practice questions and answers given here for English in Grade 10 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 10 English Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
English Worksheet for Class 10
Class 10 English students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf in standard 10. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 10 English will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 10 English Worksheet Pdf
THE HUNDRED DRESSES – 1
Wanda Petronski, a Poor Polish girl had immigrated to America along with her family. She studied in a school with other American students. Every day she came to school in a faded blue dress which was never ironed. She sat in the corner of the class room where some noisy boys sat. Wanda was an introvert. The other students would wait for her, pass comments and make fun of her outside the school. Peggy and Maddie often talked to her but they too, made fun of her. Wanda was close to Maddie. Peggy would often ask Wanda about her dresses in her closet. Wanda would reply that she had a hundred silk dresses. Peggy and Maddie would laugh and ask about Wanda’s shoes. Wanda would reply that she had 60 pairs of different shoes. Maddie was unlike Peggy. She was poor and wore old clothes usually given to her by others. She disliked all when they laughed at Wanda and wished Peggy would not tease her.Wanda’s absence from school went unnoticed.
All the students waited anxiously for the announcement of the names of winners of the drawing and colouring competition. Peggy was expected to be the winner. The drawings were displayed all over the class. Miss. Mason announced that girls had sent only one or two drawings, but a girl had sent hundred beautiful drawings. To everyone’s surprise, Wanda Petronski was declared the winner.Unfortunately, Wanda was absent on that day to hear the applause that was due to her.
Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow :
1. Wanda Petronski, most of the children in Room thirteen did not have names like that. They had names easy to say, like Thomas, Smith or Allen. There was one boy named Bounce, Wille Bounce, and people thought that was funny in the same way that Petronski was. Wanda did not have any friends. She came to school alone and went home alone. She always wore a faded blue dress that didn’t hang right. It was clean, but it looked as though it had never been ironed properly.
Question. Which name in the passage did not match with other names ?
a. Wanda Petronski
Answer.a. Wanda Petronski
Question. There was one boy named ___________.
a. Ricky Stone
b. Roger Heart
c. Alex Spring
d. Wille Bounce
Answer.d. Wille Bounce
Question. Which dress Wanda always wore?
a. bright red dress
b. faded green dress
c. light pink dress
d. faded blue dress
Answer.d. faded blue dress
Question. Trace a word from the passage that means ‘worn’.
2. At last Maddie sat up in bed and pressed her forehead tight in her hands and really thought. This was the hardest thinking she had ever done. After a long, long time, she reached an important conclusion. She was never going to stand by and say nothing again. If she ever heard anybody picking on someone because they were funny looking or because they had strange names, she’d speak up. Even if it meant losing Peggy’s friendship. She had no way of making things right with Wanda, but from now on she would never make anybody else that unhappy again.
Question. Maddie was hurt at whose moving away?
Question. After a long time she reached on an important ____________.
Question. Give a synonym of ‘decision’ from the passage :
Read the extracts given below and answer the questions that follow.
1. Wanda didn’t have any friends. She came to school alone and went home alone. She always wore a faded blue dress that didn’t hang right. It was clean, but it looked as though it had never been ironed properly. She didn’t have any friends, but a lot of girls talked to her. Sometimes, they surrounded her in the school yard as she stood watching the little girls play hopscotch on the worn hard ground.
Question. What would Wanda watch on the hard ground?
Answer.Wanda stood watching the little girls play hopscotch on the worn hard ground.
Question. How did she come to school and go from school?
Answer.She came to school alone and went home alone.
Question. Why do you think Wanda had no friends?
Answer.Wanda had no friends as she was an introvert and had inferiority complex.
Question. How did she dress up?
Answer.She always wore a faded blue dress that was never ironed.
2. TODAY, Monday, Wanda Petronski was not in her seat. But nobody, not even Peggy and Madeline,the girls who started all the fun, noticed her absence. Usually Wanda sat in the seat next to the last seat in the last row in Room Thirteen. She sat in the corner of the room where the rough boys who did not make good marks sat, the corner of the room where there was most scuffling of feet, most roars of laughter when anything funny was said, and most mud and dirt on the floor.
Question. Where did Wanda sit?
Answer.Wanda sat in the corner of the room next to the last seat in the last row in Room Thirteen.
Question. Whose absence was unnoticed?
Answer.Wanda’s absence was unnoticed.
Question. Write the meaning of the word ‘scuffing’
Answer.Noisy, dragging movements of the feet on the ground.
Question. What kind of boys sat in the corner of Room Thirteen?
Answer. The boys who did not score good marks sat in the corner of Room Thirteen.
Short Answer Questions :
Question. What kind of girl was Peggy?
Answer. Peggy was a pretty and popular girl in the class. She was a sensitive girl who protected small children from bullies. She cried for hours if she saw an animal mistreated. She would join Maddie while enquiring about her dresses and shoes. Though her intentions were not to be rude or cruel, she did so to have fun.
Question. Why did Wanda Petronski sit in the last row?
Answer. Wanda had no friends. She came alone to school and went back alone. She sat in the corner of the last row in Room Thirteen. She wore a faded blue dress and her shoes were covered with dry mud.
Long Answer Questions :
Question. Compare and contrast Peggy and Maddie. Why couldn’t Maddie stop Peggy from teasing Wanda Petronski?
Answer. Peggy and Maddie were two close friends. They belonged to different financial and cultural backgrounds. Peggy was pretty and had many beautiful dresses. Maddie, on the other hand, was from a poor family. Peggy used to hand over her old clothes to Maddie. Maddie’s mother would cover up the old clothes with new trimmings which would make it difficult for the other classmates to recognize them.
The girls would sit on the first row .Peggy was very good at drawing. Everyone felt that Peggy would win the girl’s medal in the drawing and colouring competition.Maddie felt uncomfortable when Peggy teased Wanda and wished she would stop doing so.
Question. What did Peggy and other girls think about Wanda Petronski? How was she different from other girls?
Answer. Peggy and other girls hardly noticed Wanda Petronski’s presence or absence in the class.Wanda sat in the last row in the class. Only ‘rough boys’ who never got good marks and made a lot of noise sat in that corner. A lot of dirt and mud could be found on the floor there. Nobody knew why she sat there. Wanda lived at Boggins Heights and her footwear carried a lot of dry mud with her from there. Girls found her coming to school and going home alone. She had no friends. Peggy, Maddie and others talked to Wanda only when she was outside the class. Peggy particularly enjoyed making fun of Wanda. Maddie would mockingly ask Wanda uncomfortable questions about her hundred dresses and sixty pairs of shoes. None believed that a poor girl like Wanda who usually wore a faded blue dress could have a hundred dresses. Peggy thought that Wanda was telling a lie. Maddie was different. She didn’t like Peggy making fun of Wanda. She wished Peggy would stop teasing Wanda in that manner.
Unseen Passage Class 10 English
1.Read the following passage carefully:
1. It is simple: when we buy a product, we check its manufacturing or expiry date. But we rarely check the ingredients. For example, most shampoos and soap contain the chemical sodium lauryl sulfate(SLS) which is carcinogenic, most toothpastes have very high sugar content, deodorants contain aerosols which deplete the ozone layer and harm the skin, and washing soaps clog drains and do not degrade easily. In short, almost all ‘washing and cleaning’ agents, including toothpastes, contain surfactants (like SLES or SLS)and other harmful chemicals that contribute to carbon emissions during their manufacture.
2. So using a herbal hair wash powder or a shampoo that has no SLS will keep your hair and you healthier. Substitute ayurvedic tooth powders for toothpastes. If you are inclined, you can make your own washing soap at home for use in a washing machine, which is far more eco friendly that the readymade detergents(recipes are available on the Net).And always remember if you are eating something that your grandmother or mother cannot make at home then you are inviting trouble.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 English Worksheet - Revision (5)
Click for more English Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 10 English A Letter to God Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Dust of Snow Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Fire and Ice Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English A Tiger in the Zoo Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English How to Tell Wild Animals Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Ball Poem Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Two Stories about Flying– I His First Flight Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Two Stories about Flying– II Black Aeroplane Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Amanda! Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English From the Diary of Anne Frank Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Hundred Dresses I Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Animals Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Hundred Dresses II Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Glimpses of India Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Trees Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Fog Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Mijbil the Otter Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Madam Rides the Bus Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Tale of Custard the Dragon Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English For Anne Gregory Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Sermon at Benares Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Proposal Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English A Triumph of Surgery Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Thief’s Story Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Midnight Visitor Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English A Question of Trust Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Footprints without Feet Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Making of a Scientist Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Necklace Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Hack Driver Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English Bholi Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Book That Saved the Earth Worksheet|