Download CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for Bio Technology 2023 2024. Refer to the latest syllabus provided below and free download latest curriculum of Class 12 for Bio Technology issued by CBSE and NCERT, free download in pdf, get topic wise weightage, suggested readings and books based on latest syllabus and guidelines. The Bio Technology Class 12 Syllabus curriculum has been developed and issued by CBSE and NCERT for Bio Technology in Class 12. All students studying in Class 12 are suggested to go through latest syllabus to ensure that their preparation is as per the latest syllabus issued by CBSE NCERT KVS. Class 12 Bio Technology students should do preparation for Bio Technology exam strictly based on the latest curriculum and concentrate more on the topics with higher weightage to help them score higher marks in Class 12 Bio Technology class tests and exams
Class 12 Bio Technology Syllabus
It is important for students to study as per the latest Class 12 Bio Technology curriculum and marks breakup as per important topics. This will help to prepare properly for the upcoming examination. You can click on the following links to download the latest and past year syllabus provided by us below.
Year Wise Bio Technology Syllabus Class 12
CLASS XII (2023-24)
COURSE- STRUCTURE- (THEORY)
One Paper Max. Marks 70+30
Time: 3 hrs.
Unit V Protein and Gene Manipulation 40
Unit VI Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation 30
One paper Time: 3 hrs.
Total Marks: 70
Unit-V Protein and Gene Manipulation 40 Marks
Chapter-1: Recombinant DNA Technology
Introduction, Tool of Recombinant DNA technology, Making rDNA molecule, Introduction of recombinant DNA into host cells, Identification of recombinants, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), DNA Sequencing.
Chapter-2: Protein Structure and Engineering
Introduction to the world of proteins, Structure-function Relationship in proteins, Characterization of proteins, Protein based products, Designing proteins (Protein Engineering)
Chapter-3: Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics
Gene prediction and counting, Genome similarity, SNPs and Comparative genomics, Functional genomics, Proteomics, Information sources, Analysis using bioinformatics tools.
Unit-VI Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation 30 Marks
Chapter-1: Microbial Cell Culture and its Applications
Introduction, Microbial nutrition and culture techniques, Measurement and kinetics of microbial growth, Isolation of microbial products, Strain isolation and improvement, Applications of microbial culture technology.
Chapter -2: Plant Cell Culture and Applications
Introduction, Cell and tissue culture techniques, Applications of cell and tissue culture, Transgenic plants with beneficial traits, Biosafety of transgenic plants
Chapter-3: Animal Cell Culture and Applications
Introduction, Animal cell culture techniques, Applications of animal cell culture, Stem cell technology.
PRACTICALS 30 Marks
Note: Every student will be required to do the following experiments during the academic session.
1. Use of special equipment in biotechnology experiments
2. Isolation of bacterial plasmid DNA
3. Detection of DNA by gel electrophoresis
4. Estimation of DNA by UV spectroscopy
5. Isolation of bacteria from curd & staining of bacteria
6. Cell viability assay using Evan’s blue dye exclusion method
7. Data retrieval and database search using internet site NCBI and download a DNAand protein sequence from internet, analyze it and comment on it
8. Reading of a DNA sequencing gel to arrive at the sequence
9. Project work
Scheme of Evaluation
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks 30
The scheme of evaluation at the end of the session will be as under:
A Two experiments 6+6 (only one computer
Practical record 04
Viva on Practical 04
B Project work
Write up 05
Viva on project 05
Note:- More emphasis should be given on hands on work in projects.
1. A Text Book of Biotechnology - Class XI : Published by CBSE, New Delhi
2. As reference- Biotechnology - Class XI : Published by NCERT, New Delhi
3. A Laboratory Manual of Biotechnology - Class XI : Published by CBSE, New Delhi
4. A Text Book of Biotechnology - Class XII : Published by CBSE, New Delhi
5. A Laboratory Manual of Biotechnology - Class XII : Published by CBSE, New Delhi
Assessment Areas (Theory) 2023-24
Time : 3 hrs. Maximum Marks: 70 Marks
Competencies Demonstrate, Knowledge and Understanding 50%
Application of Knowledge / Concepts 30%
Analyse, Evaluate and Create 20%
- Typology of questions: VSA including MCQs, Assertion – Reasoning type questions; SA; LA-I; LA-II; Source-based/ Case-based/ Passage-based/ Integrated assessment questions.
- An internal choice of approximately 33% would be provided.
Suggestive verbs for various competencies
- Demonstrate, Knowledge and Understanding
State, name, list, identify, define, suggest, describe, outline, summarize, etc.
- Application of Knowledge/Concepts
Calculate, illustrate, show, adapt, explain, distinguish, etc.
- Analyze, Evaluate and Create
Interpret, analyse, compare, contrast, examine, evaluate, discuss, construct, etc.
More Study Material
You can download the CBSE 2023 Syllabus for Class 12 Bio Technology for latest session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Syllabus in PDF for Class 12 for Bio Technology
Yes, the syllabus issued for Class 12 Bio Technology have been made available here for latest 2023 academic session
You can easily access the links above and download the Class 12 Syllabus Bio Technology
There is no charge for the Syllabus for Class 12 CBSE Bio Technology you can download everything free
Planning your studies as per syllabus given on studiestoday for Class 12 subject Bio Technology can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 12 Bio Technology Syllabus with suggested books for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides curriculum in Pdf for Class 12 Bio Technology in mobile-friendly format and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, syllabus for Class 12 Bio Technology is available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi