Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 7 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 7 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Class 7 which they need to study more to get better marks in Class 7 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 7 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Sample Paper for Class 7 English Pdf
Students can refer to the below Class 7 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Class 7 exams. Please download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S
English Class 7 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Section – A
I. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow: (10 marks)
1. ‘Go and speak to your aunts and uncles, my dears,’ said Mrs. Tulliver, looking anxious. She wanted to whisper to Maggie to go and have her hair brushed. ‘How do you do? I hope you are good children, are you?’ said Aunt Glegg, in a loud forceful way, as she took their hands, hurting them with her large rings, and kissing their cheeks much against their desire. ‘Well, my dears,’ said Aunt Pullet, ‘your hair grow wonderfully fast. I doubt they’ll outgrow their strength’, she added, looking over their heads with a sad expression at their mother. ‘I think the girl has too much hair. I’d have it thinned and cut shorter, sister, if I was you; it isn’t good for her health. It’s that as makes her skin so brown, I shouldn’t wonder.’ ‘No, no,’ said Mr. Tulliver, ‘the child’s healthy enough- there’s nothing wrong with her’.
2. A dreadful feeling was gathering in Maggie’s heart. ‘Maggie,’ said Mrs. Tulliver calling Maggie to her and whispering in her ear,’ go and get your hair brushed. I told you not to come in without going to Martha first, you know I did.’ ‘Tom, come out with me,’ whispered Maggie, pulling his sleeve as she passed him, and Tom followed willingly enough.
3. Tom followed Maggie upstairs into her mother’s room, and saw her go at once to a drawer from which she took out a large pair of scissors. ‘What are they for, Maggie?’ said Tom, Maggie answered by seizing her front locks and cutting them straight across the middle of her forehead.
4. Snip! Went the great scissors while Tom was speaking, and he couldn’t help feeling it was rather good fun: Maggie would look so queer. ‘Here Tom, cut it behind for me,’ said Maggie, excited by her own daring and anxious to finish the deed. And the locks fell heavily on the floor, and Maggie stood cropped in an uneven manner, but with a sense of clearness and freedom, as if she had emerged from a wood into the open plain.
Write the answers in your own words unless the question specifically asks you to quote from the passage.
Q1. ‘I doubt they’ll outgrow their strength who is ‘I’ and ‘they in the above lines? What do you understand by ‘outgrow their strength’? (2)
Q2. Do you think the aunts were popular among the children? Quote two examples from the passage. (2)
Q3. How was Mr. Tulliver’s behaviour towards Maggie different from Mrs. Tulliver’s behaviour? Give examples from the passage. (2)
Q4. What did Tom feel when Maggie was cutting her hair? (1)
Q5. Why do you think Maggie cut her hair? (1)
Q6. Give a suitable title to this passage? (1)
Q7. Find out the words from the passage which mean the same: (1)
1. Nervous (para 1)
2. Strange (para 4)
II. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow: (12 marks)
1. I hadn’t decided whether I liked Afghanistan or not. I knew my father did, though he had been here for only four months, working as an engineer at the Irrigation Project. My brother and I had stayed back in Delhi with my uncle and aunt. We had come to spend our holidays with my parents in the small town of Kunduz, not far from the Russian border. We had visited the historical place of Balk over the weekend, and were on our way back when everything began to oppress me: the stillness of the wild rocky mountainside, bare of any vegetation; the ghostly craters of rocks and stones; the dust and the heat. I felt uncomfortable. I looked at my brother, sitting next to me in the car. Suddenly he said, “Look at this side. Isn’t it a perfect hiding place for dacoits?”
2. Without taking his eyes off the road before him, father said, “I haven’t been long enough in Afghanistan but I think that the people of Afghanistan are rather friendly and hospitable.” I met his eyes in the rear view mirror. He smiled at me and added “Oh, don’t look so frightened, Puja.” My father slowed down and brought the car to a halt on the right. “Nothing to worry about,” he assured us. “I’m checking the rear wheels.” He got out of the car.
3. “Do you want some water, Puja?” asked Mother. I nodded and extended my hand, while my eyes travelled past her, up the road. What I saw made me drop the cup. I continued to stare past my mother’s surprised face at two men rushing towards our car. They were coming straight at us. I shrieked and pointed at them. “Dacoits! Dacoits!” My mother turned around to stare at them. They were shouting, “Advia!” My mother shrieked too. “Papa, dacoits! They’re coming straight at us. Come back. We have to leave. Start the car, Papa. Hurry! Please!” My brother said. Sudhir banged the door and shouted at us, “Shut the doors. Wind up the window glass, fast.”
4. The taller of the two had already reached the bonnet. His left hand slid over the metal and touched my mother’s window. He shouted something. “Lock the door, Ma. You must lock the door. Bring your window up, Puja. Do you hear?” my brother shouted. I wanted to move, wind up the window, but I couldn’t. By that time, I had realized my mistake and started raising the window glass. The hands were caught by the upward moving glass. He grabbed it, and clung to it, trying to push it down with great force.
5. The glass inched up slowly, painfully. The man yelled and withdrew his hands. He shouted at my mother. His words sounded like’ Advia’. Then from behind him, the other one emerged. Then grabbing my arm, he pushed himself forward and he roared, “Advia, Advia, Advia!” As the car gathered speed he fell into a run beside it, still holding onto the window frame with his left hand. And then his hands were gone, his hands were gone, his hands, his face and his voice. I did not turn to look back. But Sudhir did. He cried excitedly, “We licked them. I was on the verge of crying as I fought the voice still running through my head, “Advia, Advia.” “Pa,” I said finally, “I would like to look up the word ‘Advia’. I wonder what it means.” My father returned from the bedroom with a thick dictionary. It did not take him long to find the word, but it took him almost a minute to read it. His face was pale and his eyes looked troubled as he said in a flat voice “Advia means ‘medicine’.”
Write the answers in your own words unless the question specifically asks you to quote from the passage.
Q1. Puja was very scared and feeling uncomfortable. Give two instances from the passage.
Q2. ‘Isn’t it a perfect hiding place for dacoits’. Why was it the perfect hiding place for dacoits? (1)
Q3. Why did the father slow down the car? (1)
Q4. ‘What I saw made me drop the cup’. Who is ‘I’ and what made him/her drop the cup? (1.5)
Q5. Quote a line from the passage which shows that Sudhir was terrified. (1)
Q6. ‘He grabbed it, and clung to it’. What is ‘it’ and why did he grab it? (1.5)
Q7. Why did Puja’s father take a whole minute to read the meaning of ‘Advia’? (1)
Q8. Give a suitable title to this passage. (1)
Q9. Find out words from the passage that mean the same as the following: (2)
1. Welcoming and friendly (para 2) 2. To stop (para 2) 3. Look carefully (para 3) 4. To scream (para 3)
Section – B (Literature)
1. Why did the dog refuse going to school? (1)
2. How can we justify hunting by animals? (1) 3. Why did Mareecha stop Ravanna from going ahead with his plan? Did he succeed in this attempt? Why or why not? (2) 4. Why do people hunt? How can hunting be controlled? (2) 5. How can we say that Ravanna was a hypocrite? What plan did he make to teach Ram a lesson? (2) 6. 'Mr. L seems to be confused throughout his conversation with the dog.' Justify this statement with two suitable examples. (2) 7. The dog spoke about values such as kindness to be taught as part of the school curriculum. How far do you agree with this? (2)
1. Does 'sacrifice' play any role in 'Philip Alone'? How? (1.5) 2. Why did Perseus sympathize with Medusa when he saw her sleeping? Did this feeling remain for long? Why or why not? (1.5) 3. What plan did Taro and Jiro make to trick the lord? Did they succeed in their plan? (2) 4. Polydectes was both cunning and cruel. Do you agree? Give suitable reasons to support your answer. (2) 5. 'Philip's blindness proved to be dangerous for him.' Give two instances from the story to prove this statement. (2) PART –C
1. Where did the ‘Owl and the Pussycat’ get the ring from? Why did they need the ring? (1) 2. Do you think the soldier in the poem 'Soldier, Soldier' was dishonest? Why or why not? (1) 3. Did the lady succeed in bribing death in the poem 'Death and the Lady'? Explain. (1) 4. Which poem from 'C2- Folk Songs' did you like the most and why?
Section – C (Grammar)
I. Use Since/For to complete the following sentences: (0.5X8=4)
1. I have been learning English _________ six months.
2. I have lived in my house ____________ twenty years
3. How long has it been _______________ you’ve been on holiday?
4. How long did you go on holiday _______________?
5. I worked there _____________ five years.
6. He hasn't spoken even a word to me ______________ the last meeting.
7. She’s been waiting ___________ 12.30 for you!
8. They’ve wanted to see the movie ___________ a long time.
II. Complete the following Conditional sentences: (7x1=7)
(a) The pizza will be tasty if _______________________________________.
(b) You will lose this book if _______________________________________.
(c) If it doesn’t snow, _______________________________________.
(d) Get ready quickly if _______________________________________.
(e) If she wants to reach on time, _______________________________________.
(f) We shall be very happy if _______________________________________.
(g) I will be very pleased if _______________________________________.
III. Put the verbs given in the brackets in the appropriate tense. (16x0.5=8)
1. It _______________ (rain) all week. I hope it stops by Saturday because I ___________ (want) to go to the beach.
Shhhhh! Be quiet! John ___________ (sleep).
2. I'm sorry I can't hear what you _________________ (say) because everybody _______________ (talk) so loudly.
3. When I ________________ (arrive) home last night, I discovered that Jane ______________ (prepare) a beautiful candlelight dinner.
4. My English is really getting better. I _________________ (try) to learn the language since 1985
5. Since computers were first introduced to the public in the early 1980's, technology ________________ (change) a great deal. The first computers ______________(be) simple machines designed for basic tasks.
6. After I graduate, I __________________ (attend) medical school and become a doctor. I have wanted to be a doctor all my life.
7. Margie just called and said she would be here at 8 o'clock. By the time she gets here, we _________________ (wait) for her for two hours.
8. Since when you ________________________ (learn) to ski? __________ you ____________ (think) I can be as good as you at skiing?
9. How much ___________________ he _____________________ (earn) last week?
10. You look really great! ________________ you _________________(work) out at the fitness center recently?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S.
More Study Material
Sample Paper English Class 7
We hope you liked the above provided CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S. To get an understanding of the type of questions which were asked in exams, it is important for Class 7 students to refer to CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S that we have provided above. Students can download the Sample Paper for Class 7 English which will be coming in the exams so that you can practise them and solve all types of questions that can be asked in exams. If you do CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S for Class 7 English you will easily understand the way examination Sample Paper are set by teachers.
Class 7 English Sample Paper
The latest Sample Paper CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S covers all the topics which have been suggested by CBSE in their Class 7 English syllabus for the current year. By doing CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S you will understand the regular questions and MCQ questions for Class 7 English which are always asked and learn them so that you can get full marks in those questions.
Class 7 English Model Question Paper Pdf Download
We have provided link above of CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S in Pdf format so that you can just click the links and easily download the papers with answers. On studiestoday, we have also provided a download and print option for all CBSE Class 7 English latest Sample Papers for Class 7 English to make it more easy for students. You can download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper and Class 7 English Question Papers in PDF absolutely free of cost.
English Sample Paper Class 7 with Solutions
We have provided CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S with solutions. You will be able to understand the type of answers which you should write in Class 7 English exams to score good marks. You should attempt all the last year question paper for Class 7 and Class 7 English MCQ Test in examination conditions at home and then compare their answers with the solutions provided by our teachers. This way you will be able to identify your weak areas and also understand how the teachers of Class 7 English set their questions in the exams.
CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper with solutions
We have provided the current year Class 7 English Sample Paper. Students who want to practice Sample Paper from all previous years can easily get them on studiestoday. We are the leading website in India from which you can download all the latest Class 7 English study material for free as per the CBSE syllabus for Class 7 English for the current academic year.
You can download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Sample Paper in PDF for Class 7 for English. Click on above link to download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S
Yes, the CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S issued for Class 7 English have been made available here for latest academic session
You can easily access the link above and download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S and save on your computer of mobile
There is no charge for CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S you can download everything free
Regular practice of sample question paper given on studiestoday for CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 7 English Sample Papers with answers based on the latest format issued for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S in Pdf and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, mock CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set S are available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi