CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set R.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Section – A
I. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow: (12 marks)
1. Krishna was born into a family of five, consisting of his parents and three siblings. Early in life, he started helping his father in his work. The limitation of food and clothes was a part and parcel of his life. He was not ashamed of being poor. Instead, he was very proud of his parents who worked day and night to feed the family. His only sorrow was his illiteracy. He couldn’t read or write. It pained him to see other children in the neighbourhood sitting around their homes happily laughing at colourful storybooks and writing down stories for their teachers. He felt sad looking at the neatly dressed school-going children. He promised himself that he would educate himself and free his family of poverty. In the hope of gaining some Knowledge, he used to go to a nearby school and sit outside listening to the teachers .He followed classes in English and Maths and especially enjoyed the story-telling classes that always seemed to take place on Friday afternoons. He was often asked to leave the school grounds. However, this did not discourage him. It made him want to get more educated.
2. One day, while walking near a railway line surrounded by hills, he noticed a landslide about to occur. Although he had never been to school, he had learned about how dangerous landslides were from listening to stories told by his grandfather. He ran as fast as he could along the railway line to save himself. Unfortunately, his foot got trapped in the railway track and he fell, hurting his knee. He started moving towards home with his painful bleeding knee. He thanked God for saving his life from the landslide.
Write the answers in your own words unless the question asks you to quote from the passage.
1. How many members were there in Krishna’s family? (1)
2. What was a part and parcel of his life? (1)
3. What was his only sorrow? (1)
4. What promise did he make to himself? (1.5)
5. How did he gain some knowledge? (1.5)
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set R.
Click for more English Study Material ›