Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 7 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 7 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Class 7 which they need to study more to get better marks in Class 7 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 7 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Sample Paper for Class 7 English Pdf
Students can refer to the below Class 7 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Class 7 exams. Please download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2
English Class 7 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
I. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow: (12 marks)
Almost all creatures care for their young. Many animals play with their babies and show their love by touching and hugging them.1
Most animals clean, feed and protect their babies. Birds also ‘teach’ their young ones how to go about in the world as adults.2
A number of animals built home for their young. Tailorbirds and weaver birds, ants, wasps and bees are among nature’s master designers, engineers and architects. They weave, stitch and make different types of homes for their young using twigs, leaves, plant fibres, mud, saliva, wood and wax.3
Female elephants care the longest for their calves. After a baby is born it is closely guarded for months. The mother usually selects a full time baby-sitter from her group. This baby sitter helps in raising the calf properly. She walks with the young as the herd travels, helping the calf along if it falls or gets struck in the mud.4
While marching through the jungle, the calf is made to walk between the mother and baby-sitter.
Cubs of polar bears are born blind. When the cubs are born the whole family stays in the den. The mother breaks the entrance to the den when her cubs weigh about 10 to 15 kg. For about 12 to 15 days, the family spends time outside the den while remaining nearby. The mother grazes on vegetation while the cubs become used to walking and playing. Female polar bears are noted for their affection towards their offspring.
The males of a number of species also help look after the young. The male salt water crocodile is known to care for its babies when ‘mama’ is out for a swim. At mealtimes, the chief gorilla keeps watch while the females and the youngsters feed. Later, while the leader eats, the older male cubs keep guard.
The animal world is full of examples of the close bond between parents and their young.
1. Choose the most suitable answer
This passage is about ____________________________
a) animals and their friends
b) how animals fight each other
c) the existence of a bond between animal parents and their young ones.
d) why animals have a close bond with their young ones.
2. Choose the most suitable answer
Like human parents, animals also ______________________
a) obey their parents
b) paint and draw
c) scold their young ones
d) care for their young
2. Animals show affection for their young ones by _______________
3. Which animals are called nature’s engineers, designers and architects? Why?
4. Give two examples where the young ones of animals are looked after by their fathers.
5. Which animal cares for its young till they are quite grown?
6. Why does an elephant calf walk between two adult females?
7. Why does a polar bear family remain near a den when the cubs are small?
8. How do we know that animals care for their young?
9. What is the role of the mother in raising the baby? Why is it important?
II. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow: (10 marks)
Two animals at Antoli village have attracted the attention of everyone including the wildlife activists.
Honorary wildlife warden Rohit Vyas, who has visited the village several times said, “A leopard has been visiting a cow at regular intervals since October last year. After the villagers told us about the frequent visits of the leopard to the sugarcane field, our team visited the village to verify the story.”
Vyas continued, “It was unbelievable, the leopard came close to the cow and the fearless cow licked the leopard on its head and neck.”
Giving further details, Vyas added, “The dogs bark non-stop every night between 9.30 p.m. and 10.30 p.m. when the leopard comes to meet the waiting cow.”
The Forest Department, which was trying to capture the beast, gave up its efforts after learning about the friendship.
Besides, the leopard didn’t harm other animals in the village. In fact, the residents welcome the big cat. This was because other animals that could damage the crops fear the predator, so they stay away from the village. For now, wildlife officials are leaving the cat alone. A leopard can sometime change its spots!.
1. Which two animals have attracted the attention of the wildlife activists? Why? (2)
2. Why did Rohit Vyas visit the village several times? (1)
3. a) Why did the cow lick the leopard’s head and neck? (1)
b) What does it show? (1)
c) Why did the leopard allow the cow to lick its head and neck? (1)
4. Why do you think the dogs barked non-stop? (1)
5. Why did forest department give up its effort of capturing the leopard? (1)
6. Did the villagers chase the leopard away? Give reasons for your answer
SECTION B - LITERATURE (25)
1. Ravanna was arrogant and proud. Do you think so? Give appropriate reasons.
2. Give two examples of the cruel nature of human beings from the lesson ‘Too Much Killing’. (2)
3. Should values such as kindness be taught in schools? Why? (2)
4. Mareecha did not want to be a part of Ravanna’s plan. Why? Explain giving two suitable reasons. (1.5)
5. What is the basic difference between hunting by human beings and hunting by animals? (1.5)
6. After reading the lesson, ‘Ravanna’ describe how you feel about Ravanna. Answer in about 40 words. (1.5)
7. Why couldn’t Mr. L teach his students to be kind? (1.5)
8. What kind of life did Perseus decide to choose after Pallas Athene came in his dream and why? (2)
9. Give an example each of Perseus’ courage and Andromeda’s selfless nature. (2)
10. Which characters in the play ‘The Three Japanese folk plays’ show foolishness? Give suitable examples. (2)
11. Polydectes was both cunning and cruel. Do you agree? Give suitable reasons to support your answer. (2)
12. Give two examples of greed from the play ‘The Three Japanese folk plays’. (2)
PART C (Answer any three)
13. How did the lady in the poem ‘Death of the Lady’ try to escape her death? (1)
14. Is ‘The Akond of Swat’ a mysterious character? Why? (1)
15. Do you think ‘Barbara Allen’ is a sad poem? Why? (1)
16. Do you think the soldier in the poem ‘Soldier, Soldier’ was dishonest? Why? (1)
SECTION C – GRAMMAR (23)
(a) Fill in the blanks using the first type of conditional. (1/2 X 8 = 4)
1. I will visit the zoo if I __________ time. (has)
2. If I have money, I ___________ a suitable present for you.(buy)
3. If I tell the truth, no one ____________ me. (believe)
4. If she arrives in time, we _____________ to the theatre. (go)
5. The match will be cancelled if ____________. (rain)
6. If you aren’t careful, you _______________ your dress. (spoil)
7. You ______________ ill if you starve. (fall)
8. If the weather ______________, we will go to the park. (good)
(b) Complete the following sentences using the first type of conditional:
1. If you aren’t healthy, _________________________
2. She will look very beautiful _____________________________
3. If I study hard, ___________________________
4. If you eat too much, ______________________________
5. I will go to the market _________________________________
6. My mother will scold me ____________________________________
3. Put the verbs given in brackets in the correct tense. (1/2 X 16 = 8)
(i) Son: What ________ (be) you _________ (do) mother?
Mother: Why are you late? I _________ (wait) for half an hour. I ___________ (make) some cookies for you.
Son: Ah, wonderful! I am hungry. I ________ (not eat) anything for four hours.
(ii) Rajesh _______________ (sleep) for an hour now. I ______________ (ask) him to get up since then but he has hardly paid attention to my request. Now, I __________ (frustrate) and ______________ (decide) to go alone.
(iii) The match __________ (start) when we ______________ (reach) the stadium. I was tired as we ___________ (wait) there for my friend to arrive with the passes for the match.
(iv) Ashok ___________(finish) his assignment soon. By this time next year he __________ (take) his university degree. He and his family ___________ (go) to spend this one year in anticipation. His parents are sure that he _____________ (go) to succeed.
4. Fill in the following blanks using since/for wherever suitable:
a) He has been living here _____________ 1950.
b) I haven’t worn this dress ______________ two years.
c) He hasn’t been here ___________ months.
d) I have been waiting for my friend’s call ____________ yesterday morning.
SECTION – D (COMPOSITION)
Write a paragraph of about 20 lines on any one of the following topics:
• Write the points neatly before you write the paragraph.
• The paragraph must be indented or it will be marked zero.
• Be original and creative.
1) Write a story beginning with ‘I opened my window and saw a sight that ........’
2) An animal that I want to be ............
3) My encounter with a tiger
4) The best adventure I have ever had
5) The day I felt sorry for my friend
SECTION – E (SUPPLEMENTARY TEST- OLIVER TWIST)
Answer ANY EIGHT of the following questions:
1. What plan did the boys of the workhouse make in order to have more food?
2. What did Charlotte give Oliver to eat at Mr. Sowerberry’s house? Did he eat that food?
3. How was Oliver awakened in the morning at Mr. Sowerberry’s house?
4. Name the stranger who helped Oliver on his way to London? How did the stranger help him?
5. Why was Fagin angry with Dodger and Charley?
6. How did the bookstall owner help Oliver when he was arrested?
7. Why did Fagin take Oliver to Bill Sikes’ house?
8. Why did Oliver fight with Noah? What punishment did Mr. Bumble give to Oliver after the fight?
9. What important information did Mr. Bumble give to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver? Why did Mr. Bumble give the information?
10. Why did Mr. Grinwig think that Oliver would not return from the market?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2.
More Study Material
Sample Paper English Class 7
We hope you liked the above provided CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2. To get an understanding of the type of questions which were asked in exams, it is important for Class 7 students to refer to CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 that we have provided above. Students can download the Sample Paper for Class 7 English which will be coming in the exams so that you can practise them and solve all types of questions that can be asked in exams. If you do CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 for Class 7 English you will easily understand the way examination Sample Paper are set by teachers.
Class 7 English Sample Paper
The latest Sample Paper CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 covers all the topics which have been suggested by CBSE in their Class 7 English syllabus for the current year. By doing CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 you will understand the regular questions and MCQ questions for Class 7 English which are always asked and learn them so that you can get full marks in those questions.
Class 7 English Model Question Paper Pdf Download
We have provided link above of CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 in Pdf format so that you can just click the links and easily download the papers with answers. On studiestoday, we have also provided a download and print option for all CBSE Class 7 English latest Sample Papers for Class 7 English to make it more easy for students. You can download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper and Class 7 English Question Papers in PDF absolutely free of cost.
English Sample Paper Class 7 with Solutions
We have provided CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 with solutions. You will be able to understand the type of answers which you should write in Class 7 English exams to score good marks. You should attempt all the last year question paper for Class 7 and Class 7 English MCQ Test in examination conditions at home and then compare their answers with the solutions provided by our teachers. This way you will be able to identify your weak areas and also understand how the teachers of Class 7 English set their questions in the exams.
CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper with solutions
We have provided the current year Class 7 English Sample Paper. Students who want to practice Sample Paper from all previous years can easily get them on studiestoday. We are the leading website in India from which you can download all the latest Class 7 English study material for free as per the CBSE syllabus for Class 7 English for the current academic year.
You can download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Sample Paper in PDF for Class 7 for English. Click on above link to download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2
Yes, the CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 issued for Class 7 English have been made available here for latest academic session
You can easily access the link above and download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 and save on your computer of mobile
There is no charge for CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 you can download everything free
Regular practice of sample question paper given on studiestoday for CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 7 English Sample Papers with answers based on the latest format issued for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 in Pdf and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, mock CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set 2 are available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi