CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set P. It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
1. Read the passage given below carefully and answer the questions that follow :
There is much concern among doctors about patients who are obese. Many of us are hardly taking any exercise and we are consuming far too many calories for our sedentary way of life.
On the other hand, doctors are also worried at the increase in the number of people who are
suffering from anorexia. This is an eating disorder in which people think that they are disgustingly overweight when, infact, they are far too thin. Often they pretend to eat at meal times, but hide the food, disposing it off later. The disease is sometimes known as the Slimmer's disease, but it is far more serious than what this name implies..
Anorexia can result in malnutrition and later the complete collapse of the body, eventually leading to death. Excessively thin or skinny fashion models and other celebrities are often blamed for the spread of this disorder since the young and impressionable :regard them as role models and try to copy them. Some experts claim that anorexia is also an emotional · disorder. Men may also suffer from this disease.
At the same time, a growing number of people are suffering from another disorder called bulimia. In the course of this disorder, the sufferer often has times when the 'Y over eat and binge on various food items and later vomit to get rid of it. It is alright to go on a diet for a short period of time if you want to lose weight, but you should avoid crash diets. It is far better to have a healthy balanced diet along with regular exercise, rather them, falling prey to these disorders.
1.1. On the bass of your reading answer the following by choosing the correct options: (lx5=5)
(1) Since many of us have a sedentary lifestyle, intake of excessive calories resultsin:
(2) Anorexia means :
(a) a state of anger
(b) an eating disease
(c) a sleeping disease
(d) being very fat
(3) Anorexia can lead to :
(a) collapse of body
(d) all of the above
(4) Bulimia is a disorder in which :
(a) people over eat and then vomit
(b) a person keeps sleeping
(c) people go mad
(d) people become very thin
(5) A suitable title for this passage can be :
(a) Importance of regular sleep
(b) Eating disorders
(c) Balanced diet
(d) Living near the sea
1.2. Pick out the synonyms of the word given below from the passage :
(a) Lazy (Para 1)
(b) Breakdown (Para 3)
I.3. How can a person lead a healthy life and avoid falling prey to the disorders mentioned in the passage ?
1.4. Which disorder is also known as Slimmer's Disease ?
2. Read the following poem carefully and answer the questions that follow :
Where the mind is without fear
And the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been
Broken up into fragments by
Narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from
The depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches
Its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary
desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee
into ever widening thought and actioninto
that heaven of freedom, my father,
Let my country awake.
2.1. From the poem find the antonym of the words given below :
(b) wild or unknown
2.2. On the basis of your reading of the poem complete the paragraph with the correct option given in the brackets :
This poem is a (prayer/warning) to the father of the (Nation/a boy). In the poem the poet is hoping to see his country (progress/fight) and wants the citizen to be (proud/poor) of their motherland. He wishes that his country should be full of (hardworking/divided) and (honest/dead) people.
2.3. What according to you does the phrase "head held high" mean :
(a) being proud
(b) being rude •
(c) being happy
(d) being honest
2.4. The poet wishes that the world should not be divided. Mention the lines that tell you this?
Section B : Writing and Grammar
3. Water is the basic necessity of life; as the head of your school, draw a poster encouraging the students of your school to save water. Mention various ways in which students can contribute to conserve water, also, create a catchy slogan for your poster.
4. You visited the dolls museum recently. using the following points, write a factual description of your visit in 100-150 words. (6x1=6)
National Doll museum, New Delhi
Large number of visitors
Various dolls from different countries on display
Very big and airy building Large
wooden windows Showcases with
glasses to protect Souvenir shop
5. You are Anshul Mishra, a resident of 1178-Kailash Hill, New Delhi. During the monsoon season the road infront of your house becomes clogged with water and sewer water starts to overflow. This causes great inconvenience to the people and also leads to breeding of mosquitoes which spread diseases. Write a letter to the Editor of Hindustan Times, drawing attention of the authorities towards this problem.
6. Rearrange the words to form meaningful sentences : (lx4=4)
7. Fill in the blanks with a defining relative clause : (lx4=4)
(a) The girl____has long hair is pretty.
(b) Iraq is the country______supplies a lot of oil.
(c) That trophy _____ you see, was won by my sister.
(d) The person _______will win this race shall get a medal.
8. Fill in the blanks with an infinitive :
(a) I wan__· a pilot.
(b) early is not easy.
(c) He wants swimming today.
9. Fill in the blanks with the correct compound word :
(a) There was a severe of flu in my area. (outbreak/breakdown)
(b) A major of this decision is that many people wiil not get money. (drawback/cutback)
10. Change the following sentences into passive voice :
(a) Miss Seema dropped the keys.
(b) The children chased the ball.
(c) An.isha will sing a song at the party.
(d) I ate porridge for lunch.
(e) My mother prepared a Pizza for my friends.
11. Complete the sentences given below by choosing the correct idiomatic expression from the bracket :
(a) She is as pretty as . (the apple of my eyes/a peach)
(b) He passed the board exams with . (flying colours sour grapes)
Section C - Literature
12. Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow :
He mused upon the curious case,
And wore he'd change the pigtails place,
And have it hanging at his face,
Not dangling behind him
(a) Why did the sage want to change the pigtails place ?
(b) The expression "mused upon" means :
(1) carefully thought about
(2) dancing around in circles
(c) What all does the Sage do to bring the pigtail on his face ?
13. Why did Mr. Pickwick take down notes ? Do you think it was a wise thing to do ? Why or why not ?
14. The sister relates her life to that of the cherries at various occasions in the story. On the basis of your reading of the lesson, draw a similarity between the situation of the elder sister and the life of the cherries depicted in the story "The cherry trees".
15. In the poem "Trees are great the poet gives many reasons why trees are better than human beings. Give two such reasons.
16. The poet of the poem "This is going to hurt just a little bit" compares the dentist to which wild animals ? What did the Romans call that anima] ?
17. Imagine yourself to be Aunt Polly, write a diary entry in not more than 100 words expressing your concern about Tom's immature behavior and his disinterest in going to school.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 7 English Sample Paper Set P.
Click for more English Study Material ›