CBSE Class 12 Biology Question Paper 2013 (1). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions.Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
1. A bilobed, dithecous anther has 100 microspore mother cells per microsporangium.How many male ametophytes this anther can produce?
2. Mention two functions of the codon AUG.
3. Name the scientist who disproved spontaneous generation theory.
4. What is it that prevents a child to suffer from a disease he/she is vaccinated against?Give one reason.
5. Why is the enzyme cellulase used for isolating genetic material from plant cells but not for animal cells?
6. Name a molecular diagnostic technique to detect the presence of a pathogen in its early stage of infection.
7. If 8 individuals in a laboratory population of 80 fruitflies died in a week, then what would be the death rate for population for the said period?
8. Mention one positive and one negative application of amniocentesis.
SECTION - B
9. A moss plant produces a large number of antherozoids but relatively only a few egg cells.Why?
10. Mention the reasons for difference in ploidy of zygote and primary endosperm nucleus in an angiosperm.
11. How does an electrostatic precipitator work to remove particulate pollutants released from the thermal power plants?
12. Name the type of food chains responsible for the flow of larger fraction of energy in an aquatic and a terrestrial ecosystem respectively. Mention one difference between the two food chains.
13. How does a test-cross help in identifying the genotype of the organism? Explain.
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 12 Biology Question Paper 2013 (1).