CBSE Class 5 EVS Worksheet - Indian Awakening Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
LESSON 20, 21, 22
(The Indian Awakening, India wins Freedom, Our Heritage)
A. Write short answers:
1. Name three great social reformers of India.
2. Who were called Lal-Bal-Pal?
3. What was the practice of burning a widow at the pyre of her husband called?
4. Name the soldier whose action started the revolt of 1857.
5. During which movement did Gandhiji give the country the mantra of ‘do or die’?
6. How did people protest during the Noncooperation Movement?
7. Give one example each of a classical and a folk dance-drama.
8. What do the Ajanta paintings show?
9. What are the two styles of classical music in our country?
B. Explain in few lines:
1. Write about three problems women faced in our society.
2. How did Gandhiji start the Civil Disobedience Movement?
3. What happened at Jallianwala Bagh?
4. How did the British want to take control of Jhansi? How did Rani Lakshmibai react?
C. Write short notes on:
1. Swadeshi Andolan 2. Raja Rammohan Roy 3. Quit India Movement
D. Define the following:
1. Heritage 2. Sculpture
E. Name the following:
1. Frontier Gandhi 2. Nightingale of India 3. Iron Man of India
4. Netaji 5. Bapu
F. Match the following:
1. Rani Lakshmibai a.Karnataka
2. Lokmanya b.Gujarat
3. Sher-e-Punjab c. Jhansi
4. Bahadur Shah Zafar d. Lala Lajpat Rai
5. Bhangra e.Maharashtra
6. Garba f.Mizoram
7. Bamboo dance g.Bal Gangadhar Tilak
8. Lavni h.Mughal king
9. Yakshagan i. Punjab
G. Fill in the blanks:
1. The Portuguese traveller who came to India in 1498 was…………….
2. A belief that is not based on reason is called…………………….
3. The person who got kings to join the Indian Union was …………
H. Write true or false:
1. The paintings in the Ajanta caves were made by Buddhist monks.
2. In the beginning, mainly illiterate people were leaders of the freedom struggle.
3. Kathak is a folk dance from north India.
4. The INA was formed by Chandrashekhar Azad.
5. Rani Gaidinliu was one of the leaders of the revolt of 1857.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 5 EVS Worksheet - Indian Awakening