CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set Q. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
I. Select the correct answer and write in your answer sheet -
1. History has been divided into ....................... parts
(a) Two (b) Three (c) Four
2. ................. rebellion led by Birsa Munda
(a) Kop (b) Khasi (c) Munda
3. When did the company power end in India
(a) 1947 (b) 1858 (c) 1885
4. At Kanpur the revolt was led by
(a) Nana Sahibe (b) Baji Rao II (c) Lakshmi Bai
5. Nizam-ul-mulk founded the state of
(a) Mysore (b) Hyderabad (c) Punjab
6. Tipu Sultan was killed in
(a) 1784 (b) 1799 (c) 1780
7. ......................... introduced Ryotwari system in Madras
(a) Thomas Munaro (b) Lord Cornwallis (c) Lord Clive
8. What is meant by Diku according to tribal ?
(a) Local people (b) Women (c) Outsiders
9. The number of subjects in the union list are
(a) 47 (b) 66 (c) 96
10. The practice of Killing female child is called
(a) Infanticide (b) Sati (c) Untouchability
11. How many members can be the president of India nominate for the lok sabha
(a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3
12. Which of these acts as the custodian of the constitution ?
(a) Supreme court (b) Parliament (c) Governor
13. Right to reside in any part of the country is a part of the
(a) Right to equality (b) Right to freedom
14. Indian states has no .................. of its own ?
(a) Religion (b) law (c) office
15. Minerals are a form of ............
(a) Natural resources (b) Human resources (c) man-made resources
16. Plateau have rich soil in ................
(a) lava (b) Sandy (c) rocky
17. The primary form of percipitation is -
(a) snow fall (b) Rainfall (c) Hail
18. Trees shed their leaves once in a year found in
(a) Evergreen forest (b) Deciduous forest (c) Mangrove forest
19. The percentage of available fresh water in the world is
(a) 97.3% (b) 50% (c) 27%
20. The process of capturing and using rain water is called -
(a) Rain water harvesting (b) Water budget (c) Hydrological cycle
21. Project Rhino is implemented in the wildlife sanctuary of
(a) Ranthambore (b) Kaziranga (c) Kanha
22. The lion failed macaque is a species of
(a) Lion (b) Monkeys (c) Birds
II. Answer the followings :
23. What were the causes of the anger of the tribal people against the dikus or outsiders?
24. Why was there is a demand for Indian Indigo ?
25. What are natural resources ? How are they important ?
26. What are the causes of scarcity of water ?
27. Why are laws so important in a democracy ?
28. What is the necessity of separating religion from the state ?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set Q.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›