CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set N. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
I. Select the correct answer and write in your answer sheet : 1
1. The present name of Burma is
a. Thailand b. Myanmar c. Finland d. Sweden
2. He founded the Satya Sodhak Samaj
a. Raja Ram Mohan Roy b. Jyotiba Phule c. Swami Dayanand c. Syed Ahmed Khan
3. The Bethune school did great work in the filed of
a. Women's education b. Co-education c. Social reform d. English education
4. Who is the chairman of Loksabha ?
a. Speaker b. President c. Vice president d. Prime Minister
5. Who is sometimes known as minister of Justice ?
a. Judge b. Police c. Defence Lawyer d. BDO
6. The percentage of public employment of Muslims is
a. 5.5% b. 10.5% c. 13.5% d. 25%
7. The high court is the highest court of justice at the
a. State level b. Central level c. District level d. Village level
8. Keeping any person in police custody is known as
a. Witness b. FIR c. Accused d. Detention
9. The working population falls in the age group of
a. 15-64 years b. 0-14 years c. above 65 years
10. Japan and China are the leading producers of
a. Jute b. Silk c. Cotton d. Iron
11. The most common mineral is
a. gold b. iron c. aluminium d. salt
12. People who arrive in a country
a. Immigrants b. Emigrants c. Birth rate d. death rate
II. Write very short answer for the following. (20 to 40 words each)
13. When was the Indian National Congress formed ?
14. Why did Willion Jones advocate the need of studying Indian history, philosophy and law ?
15. Name the various forms that the non-cooperation movement took in different parts of the country ?
16. Who were the petitioners ?
17. What are public facilities ?
18. What is an FIR ?
19. What are criminal cases ? Give 2 example.
20. How are the President and Vice President elected ?
21. What do you understand by the term agriculture ?
22. What are the sources of thermal energy ?
23. Name the stages of production in industries ?
24. Give two examples for large-scale industry.
25. Name the factors which have boosted agriculture in the 20th century ?
26. How is density of population measured ?
27. Name the regions which have high density of population ?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set N.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›