CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set O. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
I - Select the correct answer and write in your answer sheet.
1. Where the president of India resides is called the :
a) Birla House b) Rashtrapati Bhawan c) Parliament House d) Birla House
2. Hyder Ali was the commander in chief of the :
a) Maratha Army b) Mysore Army c) British Army d) French Army
3. Under the Ryotwari system, the land revenue was collected from:
a) Zamindars b) Ryots c) Landlords d) None of these
4. The rebellion by Birsa Munda was led in which of the following regions :-
a) Santhal region b) Chhota Nagpur c) North east India d) None of these
5. Which of these does not form an Organ of government ?
a) Executive b) Legislature c) Civil servants d) Judiciary
6. The president of the constituent Assembly was :
a) J. L. Nehru b) Mahatma Gandhi c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad d) Sarojini Naidu
7. Right to reside in any part of the country is a part of the :
a) Right to equality b) Right to freedom c) Right to speak d) Right to vote
8. The president can nominate ____ members in the Rajya Sabha .
a) 11 b) 12 c) 13 d)14
9. The right to Information Act was passed in the year :
a) 2003 b) 2005 c) 2006 d) 2008
10. According to the Indian Constitution which of these is above the law ?
a) President b) Vice President c) Prime Minister d) None of these
11. Coal and petrol are forms of:
a) Renewable resources b) Biotic resources c) Non–renewable resources
12. _______ is the main occupation of people in Australia.
a) Agriculture b) Sheep rearing c) Industries d) Sports
13. The percentage of available fresh water in the world is:
a) 97.3% b) 50% c) 2.7% d) 75%
14. Evergreen Forests can be divided into ____ groups:
a) Two b) Three c) four d) Five
15. Project Rhino is implemented in the wildlife sanctuary of:
a) Kanha b) Ranthambore c) Kaziranga d) Gir
II. Write short answer for the following questions :
16. What led to the Great Rising of 1857? Which reforms were resented by the people?
17. Why were the pleasant reluctant to grow indigo? Write any three reasons.
18. What attracted European trading companies to India? Write any three reason.
19. Write any three functions of the Indian Parliament?
20. Write any three freedoms enjoyed by an Indian citizen.
21. In what ways Indian secularism is different from that of other countries?
22. Why should we conserve water and how?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 Social Science Question Paper Set O.