CBSE Class 6 Social Science Question Paper Set N. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
1. The planet known as the “Earth‟s Twin” is :
(a) Jupiter (b)Saturn (c) Venus
2.Which is the third nearest planet to the sun.
(a) Venus (b)Earth (c) Mercury
3. All planets move around the sun in
(a)Circular path (b)Rectangular Path (c) Elongated path
4. The pole star indicates the direction to the
(a) South (b)North (c) East
5. Asteroids are found between the orbits of :
(a) Saturn and Jupiter (b)Mars & Jupiter (c) The earth and the mars.
6. A group of stars forming various pattern is called
(a) Universe (b)Galaxy (c) Constellation
7. A huge system of stars are called
(a) Galaxy (b)Constellation (c)Universe
8. The closest celestial body to our earth is :
(a) Mercury (b)Jupiter (c) Mars
9. The word „Ge‟ means :
(a) Universe (b)Galaxy (c) Earth
10. The word Solar means :
(a) Related to the sun (b)family of the sun (c) sun
11. __________________________is the center of the solar system.
(a) Sun (b)Moon (c) earth
12. The sun is about ______________________million km away from the earth.
(a) 15 (b)150 (c) 1500
13. The elongated paths of the planets.
(a) orbits (b)Axis (c) Galaxy
14. The shape of the earth is described as :
(a) circle (b)geoid (c) concentric
15. The light of the sun takes about _________________minutes to reach the earth
(a) 15 (b)30 (c) 8
16. _______________was the first man to step on the surface of the moon
(a) Neil Armstrong (b)Aryabhatta (c) Kalpana Chawla
17. The moon moves around the earth in about _______________ days
(a) 24 (b)27 (c) 360
18. __________________________is a celestial body that moves around the planets.
(a) planets (b)Satellite (c) Stars
19.Those who study the celestial bodies and their movements are called :
(a) Geologists (b)Astronomers (c) Scientists
20.The small piece of rocks which move around the sun are called
(a) Asteroids (b)Meteor (c)Comets
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 6 Social Science Question Paper Set N.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›