Download printable Social Science Class 10 Worksheets in pdf format, CBSE Class 10 Social Science Worksheet Set E Solved has been prepared as per the latest syllabus and exam pattern issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Also download free pdf Social Science Class 10 Assignments and practice them daily to get better marks in tests and exams for Grade 10. Free chapter wise worksheets with answers have been designed by Standard 10 teachers as per latest examination pattern
Social Science Worksheet for Class 10
Class 10 Social Science students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf in Grade 10. This test paper with questions and solutions for Standard 10 Social Science will be very useful for tests and exams and help you to score better marks
Class 10 Social Science Worksheet Pdf
1. Give any two uses of Manganese.
2. Why is mica one of the most indispensable minerals?
3. What are Chawls?
4. Name the first Indian City that got smoke nuisance legislation in 1863.
5. Mention the various levels of Panchayati Raj in rural areas.
6. Define Decentralisation
7. How economic activities are classified based on conditions of work?
8. What is the main objective of NREGA?
9. Mention any three steps that were taken to develop a sense of collective belonging among the Indians during the freedom movement.
10. Explain the role of public sector to the economic development of a nation.
11. Give an account of the distribution of petroleum in India. State the important oilfields in those regions.
12. “The combination of politics and social divisions is very dangerous and explosive”. Explain.
1. Ans: Used in steel and Ferro-manganese alloy. Also used in manufacture of bleaching powder, insecticides and paints.
2. Ans: Due to its excellent di-electric strength, low power loss factor, insulating properties and resistance to high voltage.
3. Ans: Thickly populated multi-storeyed buildings in Bombay in native parts of the town.
4. Ans: Culcutta
5. Ans: Zilla parishad (group of Panchayat samitis)
Block Panchayat or Panchayat Samiti (a few Grama panchayats) Grama Panchayat at Village level
6. Ans: Taking away of power from Central and State Governments and giving to local government is called Decentralization .
7. Ans: Organized and Unorganized
8. Ans: To generate employment to the rural people for a minimum period of 100 days thus reducing unemployment.
9. Ans: 1. Icons and symbols
2. Images like Bharat Mata and National Anthem
3. Revival of folklore .( a brief explanation on each point
10. Ans: 1. Provide various services like construction of bridges, railways , dams at a reasonable cost.
2. Supply of food products through PDS.
3. Providing health and education facilities.
11. Ans: Petroleum is found in the following areas:
A) Mumbai High: India’s 63 percent of petroleum production comes from Mumbai High.
B) Gujarat Region; It produces about 18 percent of India’s petroleum. Ankleshwar is the most important field of Gujarat.
C) Assam Region: Assam is the oldest oil producing state of India. It produces 16 percent of India’s petroleum. Digboi, Naharkatiya and Moran-Hugrijan are the important oil fields of India.
12. Ans: 1. It divides society as in democracy various parties compete for power in the name of social divisions.
2. This tendency leads to conflict, violence or even disintegration of a country.
3. Examples – Northern Ireland , Sri Lanka , Yugoslavia
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 10 Social Science Worksheet Set E Solved
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›