CBSE Class 10 English HOTs and Value Points (2). Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) are part of the CBSE syllabus and form part of examinations. Students are requested to learn the HOTs for various subjects to score better in examinations, This portal has collection of important HOTs for all subjects and classes which have been made by experienced school teachers. Students should download and learn the HOTS.
Lesson- The Dear Departed (Drama)
1. What impression Victoria Slater would have carried when she saw the elders fighting for the inheritance of the Grandfather?
VALUE POINTS – Tender age- Negative impact- respect towards elders shattered- dislike towards family
2. “India is known for its Cultureand traditions. But old people are being ill-treated and considered as a burden”. Explain with reference to the drama.
VALUE POINTS –they are abandoned by their children- preference to nuclear family- self-centered attitude- selfishness
3. Bring out the irony in the play.
VALUE POINTS- show off- pretending to be mourning- least interestd in conforming the death- the title
4. Grandpa says, “It seems to me that neither of you have any cause to feel proud about the way you have treated me.” Explain.
VALUE POINTS- offended attitude- learn to be practical- liberty of expression
5. Compare and contrast Henry’s character with that of his wife..Support your answer with evidence from this play.
VALUE POINTS- Henry is calm and practical- Mrs Slater is opportunist, pretending and show off
6. “The decision taken by the Grandfather was just and appropriate.”Critically examine this statement.
VALUE POINTS- realise the cunning attitude of his daughters- wanted to be happy
Please refer to link below for CBSE Class 10 English HOTs and Value Points (2).