1. Why does Antony call Brutus “ the noblest Roman of them all.”? (5)
2 Why was it essential for the conspirators to include Brutus in the conspiracy?
3.Was Julius Caesar really ambitious? Give instances from the text to prove this.
4. If Julius Caesar had acted upon Calpurnia’s words (plea) what would have been the progress of the play?
5. What is the dramatic significance of the supernatural element of the play?
6. Is it correct to say that Caesar dead proves to be more powerful than the living Caesar?
7. Do you agree that Caesar was himself responsible for his death?
8. Why does Brutus fail and Antony succeed in his speech?
9. What is the dramatic significance of Caesar’s will?
10. What is the special feature of Antony’s speech?
11. Why do you think Caesar does not accept his wife’s words and views?
12. Do you think the audience in “Julius Caesar” is fickle minded? Why?
13. What is your opinion about Roman mobs in the play?
14. What is the significance of the dead body of Julius Caesar in the play?
15. Comment on the reactions of the crowd to Brutus’ speech and then to Antony’s speech.
1. Do you think Caeser’s death can be attributed to his failure to reads the omens properly or do the omens merely presage the inevitable?
2. How does Caesar continue to wield power over events even after his death?
3. The play ‘Julius Caesar’ focusses on the struggle between powerful individuals. What role do the plebians play in this struggle?
4. Who is the protagonist of the play- Caesar, who dies well before the end but whose power and name continue on or Brutus, the noble man, who falls because of his flaws?
5. Is rigidity and inflexibility of character an admirable trait or a flaw? Discuss Caeser and Brutus in light of the above statement.
6. The spoken word carries more weight. Discuss with reference to speeches of Brutus and Antony.
Books recommended by teachers
|CBSE Class 10 English Fire and Ice HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Two Stories about Flying - II Black Aeroplane|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Two Stories about Flying – I His First Flight|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Amanda|
|CBSE Class 10 English Animals HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Glimpses of India|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Mijbil the Otter|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs Madam Rides the Bus|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Tale of Custard the Dragon HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs The Sermon at Benares|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs The Proposal|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTS A Triumph of Surgery|
|CBSE Class 10 English HOTs The Thief’s Story|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Making of a Scientist HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English The Necklace HOTS|
|CBSE Class 10 English Bholi HOTS|