CBSE Class 10 Physics The Human Eye and the Colorful World Notes. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
Class X: Science
Chapter 11: The Human Eye and the Colorful World
Points to remember
1. Human eye is a valuable sense organ. Its various parts and the respective functions include:
Eye part Eye function
Cornea Protective layer of eye
Eye lens Refracts the light so as to form the image on retina
Retina Behaves as the screen on which the image is formed
Pupil Controls the intensity of light entering the eye
Ciliary’s muscles Adjust the thickness of the lens
2. The farthest point up to which the eye can see clearly is called the far point of the eye.
3. The distance of the closest point from the eye that can be seen clearly without accommodation is known as least distance of distinct vision.
4. The ability of the eye to observe distinctly the objects situated at widely different distances from the eye is called power of accommodation.
5. The smallest distance, at which the eye can see objects clearly without strain, is called the near point of the eye or the least distance of distinct vision. For a young adult with normal vision, it is about 25 cm.
6. In myopia distant objects are not clearly visible. It is corrected by using concave lens.
7. In hypermetropia nearby objects are not clearly visible. It is corrected by using convex lens.
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 10 Physics The Human Eye and the Colorful World Notes.