Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 9 English The Solitary Reaper Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 9 English. Standard 9 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 9 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 9 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
THE SOLITARY REAPER
By, WILLAIM WORDSWORTH
I. Read the following extracts and answer the questions that follow:
a) Behold her, single in the field
Yon Solitary Highland Lass!
Reaping and Singing by herself;
Stop here, or gently pass!
a) Which region does the Solitary Reaper belong to?
b) What was the girl doing?
c) What does the poet suggest?
b) No Nightingale did ever chant
More welcome notes to weary bands
Of Travellers in some shady haunt.
Among Arabian Sands;
a) What is the poetic device in comparing the song of the Reaper and the Nightingale?
b) What impact does the girl’s song have on the tired travelers of Arabia?
c) What does the poet guess about the reaper’s song?
c) Or is it some more humble lay,
Familiar matter of to-day?
Some natural sorrow, loss or pain,
that has been , and may be again?
a) Explain: ‘ Or is it some more humble lay’.
b) What can be ‘some natural sorrow’?
c) What is the rhyme scheme of the given lines?
II. Answer the Following in 40 Words Each
1. Where was the poet when he saw the Solitary Reaper?
2. Briefly mention the two things that capture the poet’s attention in the poem ‘The Solitary Reaper’?
3. How does the poet brings out the sweetness of the solitary reaper’s song?
4. What guess does the poet have about the subject matter of the solitary reaper’s song?
III. Answer the Following in 75-100 Words Each
1. How did the song of the Solitary Reaper affect the poet when he heard it?
2. What was so magical about the song of the Solitary Reaper? What did the poet think of her song?
Click on link below to download CBSE Class 9 English The Solitary Reaper Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›