Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 9 English A Dog Named Duke Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 9 English. Standard 9 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 9 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 9 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
A DOG NAMED DUKE
By WILLIAM .D. ELLIS
I. Read the following extracts and answer the questions that follow.
1. He was already a hard – charging zone sales manager for a chemical company. Everything was going for him.
i) What does ‘He’ refer to here?
ii) What happened to the sales manager?
iii) What does the expression ‘Everything was going for him’ mean here?
2. “Those who saw it said the dog knew instantly. He never jumped on Chuck again.From that moment he took up a post beside his masters bed around the clock”.
i) What did the dog knew instantly?
ii) Where was the dog before his master was came from the hospital?
iii) What does the phrase around the clock mean?
3. “ Secretly Marcy cried as she watched the big man’s face lines set in like cement as Chuck stared at the ceiling for hours , then out of the window, then at Duke.”
i) Marcy cried secretly because
ii) The expression ‘severe face lines set in like cement’refers to
iii) Why would Chuck stare at Duke?
II. Answer the following in 30-40 words.
1. How did Chuck Hoopers excitement of homecoming wore off and Chuck hit a new low at home?
2. How did Hooper take his first step after the accident?
3. Why was the staff of the local branch office of the company amazed by Hooper’s visit?
4. ‘Why did Chuck’s move present problems in the company’s headquarter? What were they?
5. Why was Charles’ promotion after Duke’s death a befitting tribute to Duke?
III. Answer the following in 75-100 words.
1. Duke was an extraordinary dog. What special qualities did he exhibit to justify this?
2. Write a diary entry to express your feelings when you read that Duke died after reading the lesson ‘A Dog Named Duke’.
Click on link below to download CBSE Class 9 English A Dog Named Duke Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›