Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 9 English Bio Sketch Writing Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 9 English. Standard 9 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 9 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 9 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
BIO - SKETCH
A bio-sketch means biographical sketches in which a person’s physical appearance, age, habits, qualities, etc., are mentioned. A bio-sketch can be constructed with the help of clues. A biographical sketch is always written by someone else other than the person on whom it is written. Most bio-sketches are interpretive; they not only present the facts but also tell what those facts mean.
• Title should be given to the Bio-sketch
Use the notes in the following box to write a bio-sketch of about 80 words.
• Born 11 September 1953, Kolkata, West Bengal
• Former Indian International female table tennis sportsperson-1970s and 1980s
• Won National women’s single title a record eight times; highest rankings: international 63(1985), Asian 8, and Commonwealth 2
• First Indian to beat a world champion, beating Pak Yung- Sun of North Korea in the 1978 Asian Table Tennis Championship at Kuala Lumpur
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Chairperson of Committee selection of Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna 2008 and Dhyanchand Award 2009 awardees
• ‘observer’ at various sporting events across the nation
• Arjuna award for the year 1979-1980
InduPuri the former Indian International sportsperson in the 1970’s and 1980’s was born on 11 September 1953 in Kolkata. She won the National women’s single title, a record eight times. Her highest rankings have been: international 63(1985), Asian 8 and Common wealth 2. She was the first Indian to beat a world champion, beating Pak Yung – Sun of North Korea in the 1978 Asian Table Tennis Championship at Kuala Lumpur. Indu remained India’s top women table tennis player from 1970’s to 1985.She was awarded the Arjuna award for the year 1979-1980. In 2008, she was appointed the chairperson of the committee constituted by the Ministry of Sports to select Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna 2008 and Dhyanchand Award 2009 awardees. She has served as an ‘observer’ at various sporting events across the nation.
1. With the help of the given clues, complete the bio-sketch of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in 80 words
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Birth: Mumbai, Maharashtra , India 1973; known as the Little Master and the Master Blaster
Achievements: One of the greatest batsman in the history of cricket; highest run scorer in both Test matches and ODI, Wisden ranked him the second greatest Test batsman of all time next only to Sir Donald Bradman, and second greatest one-day International (ODI) batsman of all time next only to Sir Viv Richards.
Honours : Padma Vibhushan award, India’s second highest civilian award and the Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna award , India’s highest sporting honour; given rank of group Captain in the IAF
2. Write a bio-sketch of HarivanshriBachchanon the basis of the following notes given in the box. (80 words)
• Born as HarivanshriSrivastava on 27 November 1907; ‘Bachchan’ penname
• Distinguished Hindi poet, best known – early work Madhushala; father of Bollywood filmstar,
• Taught briefly at Allahabad University; producer for all India Radio, Allahabad; joined the ministry of external affairs , the government of India
• Bachchan was nominated to the RajyaSabha , the Upper House of the Indian Parliament in 1966, and received the Sahitya Academy award three years later. In 1976, he was honoured with Padma Bhushan. In 2003 an Indian postage stamp was released in his memory.
3.With the help of the given clues, complete the bio-sketch of Max Mueller in not more than 80 words.
Max Mueller-born in Germany December 6,1823- learnt Classical languages- Greek, Latin, Arabic, Persian and Sanskrit-became British citizen-admired Indian culture and literature-translated –many Sanskrit texts
Max Mueller was born on__________________________.He displayed _______________________and learnt Greek and Latin, as well as Arabic, Persian and Sanskrit. He was a great_____________________________________________literature and was responsible for the _____________________________________________texts.
Click on link below to download CBSE Class 9 English Bio Sketch Writing Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›