Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 9 English The Brook Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 9 English. Standard 9 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 9 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 9 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
BY – Alfred Lord Tennyson
1. Read the extracts below and answer the questions that follow
1. 'By thirty hills I hurry down,
Or slip between the ridges
By twenty thorpes, a little town,
And half a hundred Bridges.
a) What place or landmarks does the brook pass by?
b) How does the brook slip between the ridges?
c)What is the significance of the number words in the line?
2. 'And here and there a foamy flake
Upon me as I travel
With many a silvery waterbreak
Above the golden gravel,
a) How is a foamy flake formed in the brook?
b) E'plain : 'a sil'er' 'aterbreak'
c)What different colours have been mentioned in the stanza?
3. 'I murmer under moon and start
In brambly wildernesses ;
I linger by my shingly bars;
I loiter round my cresses;
a) What change do you notice in the movement of the brook here?
b) Why do you think the brook is murmuring now?
c) Explain Shingly bars?
II Answer the following questions in not more than two or three sentences.
1. Describe the birth of the brook ? How does it flow after birth?
2. How does the brook behave on its way?
3. Why have the lines “ For men may come and men may go , But I go on forever been repeated several times in the poem?
4. What are the different things that can be found floating in the brook?
Click on link below to download CBSE Class 9 English The Brook Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›