Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set X designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 11 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 11 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Standard 11 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 11 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 11 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
English Sample Paper Class 11
Students can refer to the below Class 11 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 11 exams. Please download CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set X
English Class 11 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set X.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations.The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Section – A
Q.1 Read the article “Puppetry – A Dying Traditional Art’ and complete the statements given below.
1. In the stress ridden world, traditional pastimes that could prove therapeutic are dying for want of patronage. One such is the art of puppetry. The word puppet is derived from the Latin word pupa, meaning ‘doll’ or ‘girl’. Puppets came into being in India in the third century AD. Here it was honed into a theatrical art. It helped to propagate the works of saints and religious leaders, and also depict stories from epics. Later, it spread to South East Asia. The Cambodian puppeteers inspired Thais. Java and Bali followed, though it didn’t catch on in Sumatra. The Malays followed the Siamese and Japanese styles in the nineteenth century.
2. Gradually, puppets became more sophisticated in appearance, as skilled craftsman began to make the models. Puppeteers became trained as performers. In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, puppet theatres became extremely popular in artistic circles. Writers like George Sands and Goethe organized their own well-prepared puppet shows to entertain their friends. George Washington even wrote down the sum he had spent, to take his family to the show. Puppet shows have been mentioned in literature by Shakespeare, Ben Johnson and many others.
3. However, with the advent of World War II, there was decline in puppetry. Most of the young men were called to arms. Basically, there are three kinds of puppets. Shadow puppets are made of translucent leather and coloured vegetable dyes. Buffalo, goat or sheep skin is treated to become translucent. Limbs are jointed loosely, so that they can be made to move separately. A stick is attached vertically in the middle. Movement of the sticks causes general movements. But for special movements, single strings attached to the limbs are used.
4. These leather puppets are projected on a screen, which is illuminated by a light source placed behind the puppets. The puppeteer sits behind the source of light and manipulates the puppets to form moving shadows on the screen, He also speaks the parts, sings, or is accompanied by music. The light source is a bowl filled with castor or coconut oil, and lit by a wick. These are now replaced by low-voltage electric bulbs.
5. String puppets involve puppets that are manipulated by six strings. The performance is on a stage six feet long and four feet wide, with a background of blue or black cloth. The puppeteers are never seen. They wear anklets which produce the illusion that the puppets themselves are dancing. The main story teller recites the story line, while the puppets perform, and the dialogue and music is provided by the puppeteers.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set X
Click for more English Study Material ›