Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set F designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 11 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 11 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Standard 11 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 11 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 11 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
English Sample Paper Class 11
Students can refer to the below Class 11 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 11 exams. Please download CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set F
English Class 11 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set F. It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
1. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow:
1. There are times when everyone has to face grief. When someone dear to oneself passes away and one is left with a state in which grief and shock overcome the ordinary life. One is left in a situation when one feels there is nothing one can do. Grief and mourning are always associated with death. It also happens with other kinds of losses. It could be the loss of one's job, losing one's house or the loss of a close friend.
2. The best people able to cope with these are those, who come from cultures that have strict, Formal and intensive mourning ritual. In India we have diverse rituals which nowadays are being discarded.But these help in surmounting the crisis. The near and dear ones come to share the grief and apply balm with their words of solace. In modem society one is expected to act as if nothing has happened, but research has shown that mourning is an essential part of coming to terms with loss.There comes a time when one has to give up one's grief and rejoin the main stream of life. Mourning in itself passes through these phases. Firstly it is in the nature of the shock and disbelief. A feeling of numbness overtakes. The brain is not ina position to accept. It so happens that one expects the arrival of a lost one thinking that nothing will change and he will be the lost one. In the second phase, one realizes the truth that the loss has actually happened, and it was not a dream. It is now that one feels the pain. Now one recollects the old moments and the memory of guilt creeps in.
3. Here the affected person displays odd behavior and has difficulty in eating and is unable to Sleep. He may remain in this stage for weeks, months and sometimes years. In the next ohase.relief from pain and negative feeling creeps in. This leads to the positive side.Now he Feels he must make alternative arrangements or replacements. Here he is ready to cope with the situation. He knows he cannot recover what he has lost, but is conscious of the future accepting the loss and ready for the alternative.
4. On passing through all the stages of grief it seems that time has passed like a river under the bridge. This shows that mourning has been successful. He cannot forget the loss but he comes to terms with reality.
5. Grieve with the person who is bereaved. This shows that you too value the mourned person. This gives helping support and builds trust. Your support to the bereaved should not stop after a few days. It may be needed for months. Assure the affected person that the feelings of grief diminish and is not always the same.
6. You will see there comes a time when he has to be distracted from grief. Take him for an outing, especially away from the current situation. Give him the opportunity to let go.
1.1 Read the questions given below and write the correct option you consider the most appropriate in your answer sheet:
1 In the last phase of grief:
a) There is a relief from pain and negative feelings.
b) There is still pain and grief
c) The person is ready to cope with the situation, ready to face reality
d) Both (a) and (c)
2 One must grieve with the person who is bereaved to show:
a) That you must value the mourned person
b) To distract him/her
c) You understand what your duty is
d) You are his/her well wisher
3 The person from grief displays:
b) Enjoys eating
c) Difficulty in eating
d) Both (a)and (c)
4 On passing through all the stages of grief:
a) Time passes smoothly
b) Time passes with difficulty
c) Problems increase with time
d) All of the above
5 The duty of close relatives and friends is to:
a) Help the bereaved financially
b) To take the bereaved into difficulty
c) To take the bereaved out of difficulty
d) to mourn with the bereaved
6 The affected lets go of grief:
a) When time passes quickly
b) When he is distracted from grief
c)When he forgets the lost one
d) When he goes on an outing
1.2 Answer the following questions very briefly.
a) What are grief and mourning associated with?
b) What kinds of people are able to cope up best with grief andmourning?
c) Briefly explain the first phase of mourning.
d) How can close relatives and friends help a bereaved person come out of grief?
1.3 Find words in the above passage which convey the same meaning as the following:
a) Overcome (para 2)
b) Shows (para 3)
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set F
Click for more English Study Material ›