Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set W designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 11 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 11 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Standard 11 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 11 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 11 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
SECTION – ‘A’
Q. 1) Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow:-
THE LITTLE GIRL (An excerpt from a story)
1. To the little girl he was figured to be feared and avoided. Every morning before going to work he came into her room and gave her a casual kiss to which she responded with “Goodbye father”. And oh, there was a glad sense of relief when she heard the noise of carriage growing fainter and fainter down the long road!
2. “Well, Kezia, have you been a good girl today?” “I d-d-do not know, Father.” “You d-d-don’t know? If you stutter like that Mother will have to take you to the doctor.
3. She never stuttered with other people : but only with Father; because then she was trying so hard to say the words properly. “What’s the matter? What are you looking so wretched about? Mother, I wish you taught this child not to appear on the brink of suicide….. Here, Kezia, carry my teacup back to the table carefully.” He was so big- his hands and his neck, especially his mouth when he yawned. Thinking about him alone was like thinking about a giant.
4. On Sunday afternoons grandmother sent her down to the drawingroom to have a “nice talk with father and mother”. But the little girl always found mother reading and father stretched out on the sofa, his handkerchief on his face, his feet on one of the best cushions, sleeping soundly and snoring. She sat on a stool, gravely watched him until he woke and stretched and asked the time – then looked at her. “Don’t stare so, Kezia. You look like a little brown owl.” One day, when she was kept indoors with a cold, the grandmother told her that father’s birthday was next week, and suggested she should make him a pin- cushion for a gift out of a beautiful piece of yellow silk.
5. Labouriously, with double cotton, the little girl stitched three sides. But what to fill it with? That was the question. The grandmother was out in the garden and she wandered into mother’s bedroom to look for ‘scraps’. On the bed table she discovered a great many sheets of finepaper, gathered them up, tore them into tiny pieces, and stuffed her ease, then served up the fourth side. That night there was hue and cry in the house. Father’s great speech for the Port Authority had been lost. Rooms were searched –servants questioned. Finally mother came into Kezia’s room. “Oh! Yes, she said, I tore them up for my surprise.” “What!” screamed mother. “Come straight down to the dining room this instant”.
6. And she was dragged down to where father was pacing to and fro, hands behind his back. “Well”? He said sharply. He stopped and stared at the child. “Did you do that?”
1.1) Answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate options from the ones given below: (7M)
1) On hearing the noise of the carriage growing fainter Kezia felt relieved because…
(a) she dreaded the horses
(b) she was afraid of the coachman
(c) she did not like cluttering sound
(d) she feared her father and avoided him
2) Kezia strutted only with her father because…
(a) her father loved her too much
(b) she loved him too much
(c) she tried hard to say the words properly
(d) she tried to see fluently
3) To the little girl, her father appeared to be a giant because……
(a) he had a very big body
(b) he had big legs
(c) he had a wide mouth
(d) he had big arms
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set W
Click for more English Study Material ›