CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set V.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
SECTION – A
Q.1 Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow :
1. The history of cell phones embarks from the 1920s - a period during which radios were emerging as effective communication devices. The very first usage of radio phones were in taxi/cars using two-way radio communication.
2. The first official cell phone was used by the Swedish police in 1946. They made it functional by connecting a hand-held phone to the central telephone network. It was very similar to the two-way radio phone that was used in cars/taxis for portable communication.
3. A communication architecture of Hexagonal Cells was created for cell phones by D. H. Ring, of Bell Labs, in 1947. He discovered cell towers which had the capability to not only transmit but to also receive the signals in three different directions. Before this discovery, the cell phones only worked in two directions and through an antenna.
4. The electronic components used in cell phones of today were first developed in the 1960s. During this time, the technology of cell phone was already available. The problem that persisted during that time was the user was restricted to 'cell areas'. Cell areas were base stations covering a small land area. If the cell phone user travelled beyond the boundaries of the cell area, the user wouldn't get signal.
5. This limitation of distance was resolved by an engineer at Bell Labs. Amos Edward Joel discovered and developed what he termed as the handoff system. This kind of technology enabled to continue the call from one area to the next and the call would not get dropped.
6. During this time, the technology for cell phones had been developed but it was only in 1971 that there was a request for cellular service. AT&T submitted a request for a pubic cellular service to the FCC in 1982. The request was processed almost after a decade.
7. Motorola DynaTAC 8000X was the first portable cell phone. The Federal Communications Commission approved it for public use after much deliberation and testing. Motorola DynaTAC, developed by Dr. Martin Cooper, took 15 years of
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 11 English Sample Paper Set V.