CBSE Class 9 Economics Worksheet - People as Resource - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
Class IX Subject: Economics
Chapter 2 People as Resource
(i) Which one of the following activities comes under primary sector?
(a) Forestry (b) Banking (c) Transport (d) Tourism
(ii) Sarva Siksha Abhiyan aims at which age group:
(a) 6-10yrs. (b) 7-12 yrs. (c) 10-18 yrs. (d) 6-14 yrs
(iii) Which sector is considered as the source of absorbing labour supply as well as creating services for human resource?
(a) Primary sector (b) Secondary sector (c) Tertiary sector (d) None of the above
(iv) Which one of the following does not help in improving the efficiency of the people?
(a) Low occurrence of disease (b) Living in AC room
(c) Clean drinking water (d) Access to medical facility
1. Explain the following terms: Human Resource, Investment, Productivity, Economic activities, Market activities, Non-market activities, Non-economic activities, Human Capital Formation, Unemployment, Disguised unemployment, Seasonal unemployment, Literacy Rate, Infrastructure, Infant Mortality Rate, Birth Rate, Death Rate.
2. How can a large population be turned into an asset for the country?
3. How does investment in human resource lead to higher returns in future?
4. How is human resource different from other resources like land and physical capital?
5. What does quality of population depend upon?
6. Why are rural women employed in low paid work?
7. How does investment in education help in human capital formation?
8. How have countries like Japan become rich and developed?
9. Why is it difficult to break out of the vicious cycle of illiteracy and ill-health?
10. Many children and women who are not working are not called unemployed. Why?
11. Why is literacy rate higher among males in India?
12. Explain briefly National Health Policy-2002 launched by the government to promote health services in India.
13. What major changes indicate improvement of health in India?
14. What facts indicate the growth of medical facilities in India?
15. Differentiate between economic and non-economic activities with help of examples.
16. Differentiate between disguised unemployment and seasonal unemployment?
17. What strategy has been adopted by the government in 10th Five Year Plan to improve the education sector?
18. What are the different types of economic activities? Explain with help of examples.
19. Discuss the growth of education sector in India since 1951.
20. How does human capital formation affect the growth of an economy?
21. How does unemployment affect the overall growth of an economy?
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 9 Economics Worksheet - People as Resource
Click for more Economics Study Material ›