CBSE Class 11 Physics MCQs Set 7 with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 11 Physics with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 11 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions for important part of exams for Grade 11 Physics and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter wise MCQs for NCERT Class 11 Physics and also download more latest study material for all subjects
1. A current of 5 A passes along a wire of length 1.0 m. the wire is at right angles to a magnetic field of flux density of 0.15 T. The force acting on the wire is...
A. 0 B. 0.03 N C. 0.75 N D. 33 N
2. The end product of most radioactive decay series is usually some form of
A. carbon B. helium C. hydrogen D. lead
3. The cause of surface tension is...
A. adhesive forces B. cohesive forces C. external forces D. gravitational force
4. The unit 'poise' is...
A. dyne.sec/cm2 B. dyne.cm/sec2 C. newton.sec/m2 D. dyne.sec/cm
5. Emission line spectrum will be obtained from...
A. candle flame B. sodium lamp C. Sun D. white hot filament of an electric bulb
6. A hollow insulated brass sphere is positively charged. The electric potential inside the sphere is...
A. zero B. greater than the potential at the surface
C. smaller than the potential at the surface D. the same as that on the surface
7. The linear momentum of a body is P = a + (bt2/2). The force acting on the body is...
A. a + (bt/2) B. a + bt C. bt/2 D. bt
8. The weight of a body on the surface of earth is 100 N. Its weight at a depth half way to the centre of earth will be...
A. 50 N B. 100 N C. 25 N D. 125 N
9. Two wires C and D of the length in the ratio 2 : 3, diameter in the ratio 2 : 3 and of the same material, are subjected to same force. Then the ratio of their extensions lc : ld is...
A. 3 : 2 B. 2 : 3 C. 4 : 9 D. 8 : 27
10. The potential energy of a harmonic oscillator is maximum when the displacement is equal to...
A. zero B. 1/2 amplitude C. amplitude D. 1/4 amplitude
11. When the forces acting on a body are in equilibrium, its...
A. velocity is zero B. displacement is zero C. acceleration is zero D. momentum is zero
12. An object at rest may possess...
A. velocity B. momentum C. kinetic energy D. potential energy
13. A nonconservative force does not give rise to...
A. thermal energy B. kinetic energy C. light energy D. potential energy
14. Atoms forming a molecule attain the arrangement in which they obtain...
A. zero potential energy B. minimum potential energy
C. maximum potential energy D. none of the above
15. Bulk modulus of a liquid is...
A. higher than that for a solid B. higher than that for a gas
C. lower than that for a gas D. zero
16. The CGS unit of coefficient of viscosity is...
A. dyne.second/cm2 B. newton.second/cm2 C. dyne.(second)2/cm2 D. newton.second/cm
17. The volume of a gas sample is directly proportional to its...
A. Fahrenheit temperature
B. Celsius temperature
C. Kelvin temperature
18. The approximate relationship between the coefficient of linear expansion(α) and the coefficient of cubical expansion(γ) is...
A. γ = α2
B. γ = α3
C. α = 3 γ
D. γ = 3 α
19. When capacitors are in parallel...
A. they are all at the same potential
B. they are at different potentials
C. their capacitances are equal
D. the equivalent capacitance is zero
20. The earth's magnetic field at sea level is...
A. 3 x 10-9 T B. 3 x 109 T C. 3 x 10-5 T D. 3 x 105 T
21. Monoatomic gases give...
A. line spectra
B. band spectra
C. continuous spectra
D. line and band spectra
22. The centre of mass of a rigid body...
A. lies inside the body
B. lies outside the body
C. can be inside or outside of the body
D. may not exist
23. If 'l' is the length of a simple pendulum and 'T' its period, then 'g' is given by...
B. 2π/(√ l/t)
24. The rate at which an object radiates electromagnetic energy does not depend on its...
A. surface area
D. ability to absorb radiation
25. Which of the following is neither a basic physical law nor derivable from one?
A. Coulomb's law
B. Ohm's law
C. Kirchhoff's first law
D. Kirchhoff's second law
26. The power dissipated as heat in an a.c. circuit depends on its...
B. inductive reactance
C. capacitive reactance
27. Impedance is a maximum at resonance in...
A. a series RLC circuit
B. a parallel RLC circuit
C. all RLC circuits
D. no RLC circuit
28. Red shift indicates...
A. recession of star
B. approaching movement of star
C. that red light changes to violet
D. that violet light changes to red
29. The penetration power of beta particles is 1. Then the relative penetration power of gamma rays is...
30. In a common-base circuit the current gain is...
C. greater than 1
D. smaller than 1
Click for more Physics Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Physical World MCQs Set A|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Physical World MCQs Set B|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Fluids MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermal Properties of Matter MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermodynamic MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Kinetic Theory MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Oscillations MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Waves MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Units and Measurements MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Straight Line MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Plane MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Laws of Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Work Energy and Power MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Gravitation MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Solids MCQs|