CBSE Class 11 Physics MCQs Set 4 with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 11 Physics with answers have been prepared as per the latest syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 11 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions are an important part of Term 1 and Term 2 exams for Grade 11 Physics and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter-wise MCQs for NCERT Class 11 Physics and also download more latest study material for all subjects
Physics Class 11 MCQ
Class 11 Physics students should refer to the following multiple-choice questions with answers for Physics in standard 11. These MCQ questions with answers for Grade 11 Physics will come in exams and help you to score good marks
Class 11 Physics MCQ Questions with Answers
1. When a rolling solid cylinder reaches the bottom of the slope, its linear velocity is...
A. √ gh B. √ 2gh C. mgh D. √(4gh/3)
2. For ideal gas, the graph of PV → P is...
A. a parabola B. a hyperbola C. inclined with P-axis D. parallel to P-axis
3. A spherical drop of mercury has a diameter of 6.0 x 10-3 m. If the surface tension of mercury is 0.5 N/m, then the pressure inside the drop will exceed the pressure outside by about...
A. 42 Pa B. 330 Pa C. 167 Pa D. 170 Pa
4. A lift attendant has a mass of 70 kg. When the lift is going up with a constant acceleration of 1 m/s2, the force acting upwards on him is...
A. zero B. 70 N C. 770 N D. 700 N
5. A body is moved along a straight line by a machine delivering constant power. The distance moved by the body in time t is proportional to...
A. t1/2 B. t3/4 C. t3/2 D. t2
6. The angular velocity of a body is changed from ω1 to ω2 by changing its moment of inertia. If no torque acts on the body then the ratio of initial radius of gyration to the final radius of gyration is...
A. ω1 : ω2 B. ω2 : ω1 C. √ω1 : √ω2 D. √ω2 : √ω1
7. Two parallel plates carry opposite charges such that the electric field in the space between them is in upward direction. An electron is shot in the space and parallel to the plates. Its deflection from the original direction will be...
A. downwards B. upwards C. circular D. none
8. Compton effect is associated to...
A. X-rays B. β-rays C. γ-rays D. positive rays
9. If the magnitude of gravitational force is 1, the relative magnitude of strong force is...
A. 10-13 B. 10-38 C. 1038 D. 1013
10. In an elastic collision...
A. momentum is conserved but not kinetic energy B. kinetic energy is conserved but not momentum
C. both momentum and kinetic energy are conserved D. neither omentum nor kinetic energy is conserved
11. In a crystal the angles between the edges of the faces and between the faces themselves are...
A. right angles B. acute angles C. obtuse angles D. constant
12. The equation of continuity indicates that the velocity of the fluid is greater at
A. narrow cross-section B. broad cross-section C. entry point D. exit point
13. The internal energy of an ideal gas is dependent on...
A. its temperature only B. its temperature and volume
C. its temperature and pressure D. its temperature, pressure and volume
14. The field at any point on the surface of the conductor is...
A. zero B. parallel to the surface
C. perpendicular to the surface D. neither parallel nor perpendicular to the surface
15. A magnetic iron bar is strongly heated. Its magnetic field...
A. becomes stronger B. becomes weaker C. reverses its direction D. does not change
16. The angle subtended by the secondary bow at the eye is about...
17. If M and L are respectively the mass and luminosity of a star, then L = Mα, where...
18. 'T' is period of oscillation of an object performing SHM. Its potential energy is zero at some instant. The time taken to attain maximum potential energy is...
19. A sonar signal sent vertically downwards from a ship is reflected from the ocean floor and detected by a microphone on the keel 0.4 s after transmission. If speed of sound in water is 1500 m/s, the depth of the ocean in metre is...
20. A car of mass M is turning a corner of radius r. The coefficient of friction between the wheels and the horizontal road surface is μ. The maximum speed with which the car can turn the corner without skidding is given by..
C. √ μrg
21. The altitude of geostationary satellite above the earth's surface is approximately...
A. 35900 km
B. 42300 km
C. 11.2 km
D. 24040 km
22. In order to emit electromagnetic radiation, an object must be at a temperature...
A. above 0 K
B. above 0°C
C. above that of its surroundings
D. high enough for it to glow
23. A 200 m long copper wire has a resistance of 2 ohm. Its cross-sectional area is ... (take ρ = 1.7 x 10-8 ohm-meter)
A. 0.0017 mm2
B. 1.7 mm2
C. 3.4 mm2
D. 5.3 mm2
24. The unit of conductivity is...
25. When the lead-storage cell is completely discharged, the specific gravity of the electrolyte becomes
26. Two solenoids A and B have equal number of turns. The length of A is twice that of B and the cross-sectional area of A is half that of B. Other things being similar, the
ratio of their inductances LA/LB is equal to...
27. In a resistive circuit, the power factor is...
C. √ 2
28. The impedance of a parallel RLC circuit at resonance is...
A. less than R
B. more than R
C. equal to R
D. any of the above
29. Longitudinal waves do not exhibit...
30. If E1 is the energy of a photon of ultraviolet light and E2 that of a photon of red light, then...
A. E1/E2 = 1
B. E1 is smaller than E2
C. E1 is greater than E2
D. E1 - E2 = 0
Click for more Physics Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Physical World MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Units and Measurements MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Straight Line MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Plane MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Laws of Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Work Energy and Power MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Gravitation MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Solids MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Fluids MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermal Properties of Matter MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermodynamic MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Kinetic Theory MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Oscillations MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Waves MCQs|