Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 6 English Simple Present Tense Worksheet. Students and teachers of Class 6 English can get free printable Worksheets for Class 6 English in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 6 students should practice questions and answers given here for English in Grade 6 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 6 English Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets - Simple Present Tense - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
CLASS VI ENGLISH
I. Complete the following proverbs using Simple Present Tense:
1. You can’t have your cake and _________ it too.
2. Slow and steady _________the race.
3. An empty vessel _________much noise.
4. Time and tide _________for none.
5. Only the wearer _________where the shoe _________.
6.. Charity _________ at home.
7. Barking dogs seldom _________.
II. Choose the correct verb and write it in the space provided:
1. The babies (cry/cries) for milk.
2. My book (is/are ) stolen by her.
3. Sam (cook/cooks) food for his friends.
4. Tina (drive/drives) a car on the road.
5. The artist (paint/paints) each picture lovingly.
6. Knowledge (show/shows ) the way to success.
7. She never (wear/wears) a hat.
8. I (get/gets) up early in the morning. ______________
9. Rita (play/ plays) with dolls. ______________
10. . We (make/makes) dolls in our spare time. ______________
III. Complete the following passages with correct form of verbs given in the bracket:
1. Once there ______ (live) a hare and a tortoise in the forest. The hare ______ (be) very proud of his swiftness. One day, he ______ (laugh) at the tortoise for his slow speed. The tortoise ______ (feel) small. He ______ (ask) the hare to run a race. The hare ______ (agree). They ______ (fix) a tree as the target.
2. A rocket ______ (burn) fuel that ______ (make) a great deal of gas at the back of the rocket. As it is made, this gas ______ (push) against the rocket and ______ (send) the rocket forward. Ordinary fuel ______ (burn) only in air because it ______ (need) the oxygen present in air.
IV. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of verb given in the bracket:
1. She always ______ (keep) her word.
2. She often ______ (forget) her purse.
3. Thousands of people ______ (lose) their lives in the cyclone.
4. He ______ (tour) India for a month last year.
5. I ______ (eat) what my sister eats.
6. She ______ (buy) a new shirt yesterday.
7. When ______ he ______ (return) from office?
8. Columbus ______ (discover) America.
9. My uncle ______ (buy) a new car last month.
10. I think it ______ (rain) tomorrow.
11. My father ______ (go) to his office every morning.
12. The sun ______ (shine) in the day and the stars ______ (shine) at night.
13. A thief ______ (break) into her garage last night.
14. They ______ (go) abroad on the coming Tuesday.
15. We ______ not ______ (play) the match in case it rains.
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets - Simple Present Tense
Click for more English Study Material ›