CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets (1). Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
[Worksheet ____] [English SA-I]
Month : April - I
1. Put a circle around the number next to each correct answer after reading the passage. At any ocean beach you can see the water rise up toward high tide. Something is pulling the water up. We now know that the moon is doing the pulling. How can it pull? We call the pull gravitation. All matter everywhere pulls all other matter everywhere. The bigger the object, the greater the pull. The moon is big enough to pull the earth, and it pulls the water on the earth. The moon pulls the water facing the moon. When you see high tide, you know that the moon is pulling the water up.
A. When you drop something, and it falls to the ground, it falls because of -
1. the moon.
3. its size.
4. the sun.
B. High tide is caused by -
2. all matter everywhere.
3. the earth.
4. the water.
C. The moon pulls -
1. all matter.
2. water only.
3. the earth only.
4. the tides.
D. If the earth did not spin, -
1. there would be no tides.
2. the moon would not pull the water.
3. the earth would not pull the moon.
4. there would be no gravitation.
[Worksheet ____] [English SA-I]
Month : April – II
1. Read the following passage taken from your text book and answer the questions : Then one day he found his cat playing with a little doll and he grabbed it away. To his surprise it wasn’t a doll at all, but a man of the tiniest size. He had a little wool shirt with old fashioned britches and a high tall hat much like a witch’s. He yelled, “Save me! Don’t give me back to that cat. I’ll grant you a wish, I promise you that.”
A. What did Patrick think his cat was playing with?
B. It wasn’t a doll at all, but a ________ of the ________ size.
C. The shirt was made of _________
D. He had _______ hat.
E. Find a word from the passage with opposite meaning of ‘Low’.
2. Underline five noun words and write them below the passage :
Then one day he found his cat playing with a little doll and he grabbed it away. To his surprise it wasn’t a doll at all, but a man of the tiniest size. He had a little wool shirt with old fashioned britches and a high tall hat much like a witch’s. He yelled, “Save me! Don’t give me back to that cat. I’ll grant you a wish, I promise you that.”
Noun words :
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets - Comprehension
Click for more English Study Material ›