CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry MCQs Set A with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 11 Chemistry with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 11 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions for important part of exams for Grade 11 Chemistry and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter wise MCQs for NCERT Class 11 Chemistry and also download more latest study material for all subjects
I. MCQ - Choose Appropriate Alternative
1. The process in which a solid directly changes to vapours without melting is called __________. (Evaporation, Condensation, Sublimation)
2. The oxidation number of P in PO3-4 is __________. (3+, 5+, 3-)
3. The pH of 0.001 M HCl is __________. (2, 4, 3)
4. K ( rate constant) is dependent on __________. (temperature, concentration, volume)
5. The universal indicator in water shows the colour __________. (red, green, blue)
6. The pH of blood is __________. (7.3, 8.4, 5.6)
7. The oxidation potential of hydrogen electrode is __________. (0.0 volt, +0.76volt, -0.36volt)
8. __________ quantum number describes the shape of a molecule. (Pricipal, Azimuthal, Spin)
9. An orbital can have the maximum number of two electrons but with opposite spin, it is called __________. (Pauli’s Exclusion Principle, Hund’s Rule, Aufbau Principle)
10. When a-particle is emitted from the nucleus of radioactive element, the mass number of the atom __________. (Increases, Decreases, Does not change)
11. Dissociation of KClO3 is a __________ process. (Reversible, Irreversible)
12. The e/m ratio of cathode rays is the __________ when Hydrogen is taken in the discharge tube. (Lowest, Highest)
13. The negative ion tends to expand with the __________ of negative change on it. (Decreases, Increases)
14. Ionic compounds have __________ melting points. (Low, High)
15. The allotropic forms of an element are called __________. (Polymorphs, Isomorphs)
16. Absolute Zero is equal to __________. (273.16°C, -273.16°C)
17. The compounds having hydrogen bond generally have __________ boiling points. (High, Low)
18. Surface tension __________ with the rise of temperature. (Increases, Decreases)
19. Mercury forms __________ meniscus in a glass tube. (concave, convex)
20. The reactions with the high value of energy of activation are __________. (slow, fast)
21. 2.000 has/have __________ significant figure(s). (1, 4)
22. E + PV is called __________. (Entropy, Enthalpy)
23. The shorter the bond length in a molecule, the __________ will be bond energy. (Lesser, Greater)
24. Positive rays are produced from __________. (Anode, Cathode, Ionization of gas in a discharge tube)
25. __________ of the following contains the fewer number of molecules. (1 gm of hydrogen, 4 gm of oxygen, 2 gm of nitrogen)
26. the true statement about the average speed of the molecules of hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen confined in a container is __________. (Hydrogen is quicker, Oxygen is quicker, The molecules of all the gases have the same average speed)
27. The correct statement about the glass is __________. (It is crystalline solid, Its atoms are arranged in an orderly fashion, It is a super cooled liquid)
28. When a substance that has absorbed energy emits it in the form of radiation the spectrum obtained is__________.(Continuous Spectrum, Line Spectrum, Emission Spectrum)
29. __________ of the overlap forms strong bond.(s-s, p-s, p-p)
30. __________ compound has a greater angle between a covalent bond.(H2O, NH3, CO2)
31. When sodium chloride is mixed in water then __________.(pH is changed, NaOH and HCl are formed, Sodium and chloride ions become hydrated)
32. The boiling point of a liquid __________ with an increase in pressure.(Decreases, Increases, remains constant)
33. An Azimuthal Quantum Number describes the __________.(size of an atom, shape of an orbital, spin of orbital)
34. The rate of the backward reaction is directly proportional to the product of the molar concentration of __________.(Reactants, Products, None of them)
II. Fill in the Blank
1. The property of a crystal, which is different in different directions, is called __________.
2. 0.00051 contains __________ significant figures.
3. The oxidation number of oxygen in OF2 is __________.
4. The volume of 1 gm of hydrogen gas at S.T.P is __________.
5. The oxidation number Mn in KMnO4 is __________.
6. The product of ionic concentration in a saturated solution is called __________.
7. 16 gm of oxygen at S.T.P occupies a volume of __________ dm3.
8. The shape of the orbital for which l = 0 is __________.
9. The radius of Cl-1 is __________ than the radius of Cl0.
10. sp2 hybridization is also known as __________.
11. The value of 1 Debye is __________.
12. The reactions catalyzed by sunlight are called __________.
13. The blue colour of CuSO4 is due to the presence of __________.
14. The force of attraction between the liquid molecules and the surface of container is called __________.
15. The heat of neutralization of a strong acid and a strong base is __________.
16. C º C triple bond is __________. C = C double bond length.
17. The ions having the same electronic configuration are called iso electronic.
18. On heating, if a solid changes directly into vapours without changing into the liquid state, the phenomenon is called __________.
19. Each orbital in an atom can be completely described by __________.
20. In a molecule of alkene, __________ restricts the rotation of the group of atoms at either end of the molecule.
21. Density, refractive index and vapour pressure are __________ properties.
22. The addition of HCl to H2 solution __________ the ionization of H2S.
23. The reaction of cation or anion (or both) with water so as to change its __________ is known as Hydrolysis.
24. A reaction with higher activation energy will start at __________ temperature.
25. 6.02 x 1023 has __________ significant figures.
26. The internal resistance in the flow of liquid is called __________.
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›