CBSE Class 11 Chemistry MCQs - s-Block Elements CBSE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
I. MCQ - Choose Appropriate Alternative
1. The oxides of beryllium are.
(A) Acidic (B) Basic (C) Ba+2 (D) Mg+2
2. Which ion will have the maximum value of heat of hydration?
(A) Na+ (B) Cs+ (C) Ba+2 (D) Mg+2
3. Which one of the following is not an alkali metal?
(A) Sodium sulphate B) Potassium sulphate (C) Zinc sulphate D) Barium sulphate
4. The element cesium bears resemblance with.
(A) Ca (B) Cr (C) Both of the above (D) None of the above
5. Chile saltpeter had the chemical formula
(A) NaNO3 (B) KNO3 (C) Na2B4O7 (D) Na2CO3H2O
6. The ore CaSO42H2O has the general name.
(A) Gypsum (B) Dolomite (C) Calcite (D) Epsom salt
7. Down's cell is used to prepare.
(A) Sodium carbonate (B) Sodium bicarbonate
(C) Sodium metal (D) Sodium hydroxide
8. Which element is deposited at the cathode during the electrolysis of brine in Nelson's cell?
(A) H2 (B) Na (C) CI2 (D) O2
9. Ionic radius of potassium is.
(A) 60 pm (B) 133 pm (C) 99 pm (D) 169 pm
10. Among alkaline Earth Metals, the highest heat of hydration is of.
(A) Be (B) Sr (C) Rb (D) Cs
11. The chemical formula of sylvite is.
(A) Na2CO3. H2O (B) KCI (C) KCI. MgCL2. 6H2O (D) NaCI
12. The chemical formula of Alumite (Alum stone) is.
(A) KCI. MgCI2. 6H2O (B) KCI (C) Na2B4O7. 10H2O (D) K2SO4 Al(SO4)3. 2Al(OH)3
13. Among alkali metals the lowest atomic number is of.
(A) Rb (B) K (C) Sr (D) Li
14. Due to the high reactivity nature of the alkali metals, they are found in.
(A) Free in nature (B) Bounded with other elements
(C) Not free in nature (D) All of the above
15. Magnesium is an essential constituent of.
(A) Storaata (B) Plants (C) ChlorophyII (C) None of the above
16. Which of the alkali earth metal has radioactive nature.
(A) Be (B) Rb (C) Both of the above (D) Na
17. Calcium Phosphate Ca3 (PO4) and calcium fluoride CaF2 are essential part of living organisms.
(A) Bones, egg shells (B) teeth (C) Sea-shells (D) All of the above
18. Dolomite is a compound of which elements.
(A) Be (B) Mg (C) Ca (D) Ba
19. The melting point and boiling point of which alkaline earth metal is high.
(A) Sr (B) Mg (C) Be (D) Na
20. The super oxides are formed by the elements.
(A) K, Rb, Cs (B) K, Na, Cs,
(C) K, Li, Na (D) None of the above
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 11 Chemistry MCQs - s-Block Elements