CBSE Class 10 English Connectors. Students can download the specific chapters from the CBSE and NCERT text books from studiestoday.com. Please refer to the attached file to access the chapters. The books and specific chapters have been collected by the tutors on studiestoday for the benefit of CBSE students. They can access these chapters anywhere and use them for their studies.
Complete the sentences given below using appropriate expressions given in the box.
1 The agenda for development should ___________________________ encourage industrialization and _________________________ preserve the environment and human rights.
2. My new job is very demanding, ___________________________ I enjoy the challenge it offers to my creativity.
3. The team did not get discouraged by the early setback. _________ it started playing a more aggressive game.
4. I have managed to find a flat near my work spot and I will be moving in there by next week. _____________________, I met Prof. Anil Kapoor, our economics teacher at college, during the house hunting.
5. Many roadside restaurants cut cost by using cheap ingredients in their dishes. Take the cooking medium, ____________________. Instead of good quality refined oil, they mostly use palmoline which has high levels of saturated fatty acids.
6. The Sharmas decided to go to the USA to stay with their son. _________________ they had to dispose of their flat at Jaipur.
7. The committee considers the quotation submitted by the firm rather unrealistic. ________________________, the firm will not be able to deliver the product in time as per the specifications stipulated.
8. Though the demand of the union appears to be reasonable, _____________ that the company will not be able to accede to it is the present market conditions.
You are already familiar with words like and, as well as, and alsoto add information already given in a sentence. You will now learn to use more formal words to add information. These are furthermore, moreover, additionally, and in addition which are particularly useful in formal writing.
Complete the following sentences using furthermore, moreover, additionally, and in addition.
B.2 Write a second sentence in each pair, using the clues and a suitable connector.
1. Their team has got the best players. _____________________, their coach is fantastic.
2. We had a terrible time on our holiday. The weather was hot; __________, the air was humid.
3. Greens contain Vitamin A. __________, they are rich sources of iron.
4. _________________ to being a good student, Rahul works very hard to help his parents.
5. He is ignorant; ___________, he is lazy.
6. That house isn't big enough for us, and ____________________, it's too expensive.
Please refer to the link below - CBSE Class 10 English Connectors
Click for more English Study Material ›