CBSE Class 10 English Avoidin Repetition. Students can download the specific chapters from the CBSE and NCERT text books from studiestoday.com. Please refer to the attached file to access the chapters. The books and specific chapters have been collected by the tutors on studiestoday for the benefit of CBSE students. They can access these chapters anywhere and use them for their studies.
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE
A. Notice the element of repetition in the following sentences and decide whether it is acceptable or not. Give reasons in support of your opinion.
1. Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people.
2. "I want to scale Mt. Everest, I want to do scuba diving and I want to fly an
aeroplane. Actually, I want to do a lot of things before I die."
3. New Delhi has many big, big malls.
4. In this article first I have tried to discuss the various causes of airpollution. Then I have tried to discuss the various effects of air-pollution
and finally I have tried to discuss various ways to reduce the amount of
5. “I've failed."
“You've failed? I can't believe this!"
6. The incident took place today at around 6 a.m. in the morning.
7. Could you repeat that again, please?
8. I am very, very sorry.
9. I have planned a plan.
10. When I heard that she was staying at the Hotel Park View, I decided to go to
the Hotel Park View to meet her there.
Please refer to the link below - CBSE Class 10 English Avoidin Repetition
Click for more English Study Material ›