CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set I. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I. Fill in the blanks:
1. There are _____________________ lines of latitudes.
2. ____________________ is the movement of the earth on its axis.
3. Places near the __________________ are neither very hot nor very cold.
4. The prime meridian passes through ____________________ near London.
5. In ____________________ forests all trees do not shed their leaves at the same time.
6. ___________________________is a famous snake found in the Amazon Basin.
7. ____________________initiated plantation agriculture.
8. The stems of plants in the desert are ___________________ and _________________.
9. _______________________ zone has moderate climate.
10. Deserts receive _______________________ rainfall.
11. In the ________________________ Desert it has not rained for years.
II. Answer in one word:
1. Which tree is also called Bottle Tree?
2. Which agriculture is practiced by the Amazon Indians?
3. Name the desert found in India.
4. Name the thunderstorm that occurs at 4 o’clock in the afternoon in the Torrid Zone.
5. When does summer solstice occur?
6. What does meridian mean?
III. Unscramble the letters to form correct words:
1. It means main: (RIMEP) ___________
2. It is caused by the revolution of the earth: (SSOENA)__________
3. This is a patch of land in the desert that has water: (ASOIS)____________
4. This is a country rich in petroleum: (UWIKTA)____________
5. This means half a sphere: (EMHISHPERE) ____________
IV. Define :
1. Meridian 2. Solstice 3. Shifting Agriculture 4. Sandstorm 5. Plantation Agriculture
V. Answer the following questions in 3-4 sentences :
1. What are the spring and autumnal equinoxes?
2. Why do you think the climate is hot and wet in equatorial forest region?
3. How have plants adapted themselves to desert life?
4. Write three differences between latitudes and longitudes.
VI. Draw the following in a globe and label them:
1. Tropic of Cancer 2. Tropic of Capricorn 3. Arctic Circle 4. Antarctic Circle 5. Equator 6. Prime Meridian
VII. On an outline map of the World mark the following:
1. North America 2. Asia 3. Antarctica 4. Pacific Ocean 5. Indian Ocean 6. Australia
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set I.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›