CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set B. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I. Tick the correct answer:
1. The first metal to be discovered was.
(a) Zinc (b) Copper (c) Iron (d) Lead
2. What was used to produce steam in the first steam engine?
(a) Water (b) Petrol (c) Coal (d) Diesel
3. In which country did the industrial revolution begin?
(a) India (b) Britain (c) Germany (d) USA
4. What force is used to generate hydroelectricity?
(a) Flowing Water (b) Boiling water (c) Steam (d) Ice
5. The early humans made tools from:
(a) Metal (b) Horns (c) Stones (d) Bones
6. Who is the head of the State Government?
(a) Prime Minister (b) President (c) Chief Minister (d) Speaker
7. In How many constituencies is India divided?
(a) 543 (b) 453 (c) 354 (d) 534
8. The highest court in the country is :
(a) High Court (b) District Court (c) Mobile Court (d) Supreme Court
9. The urban areas in the local Government are governed by:
(a) Zila Parishad (b) Municipal Council (c) Gram Panchayat (d) Gram Sabha
10. The defence of our country is the responsibility of the:
(a) Central Government
(b) Local Government
(c) State Government
(d) All of the above
Note: (Answer all the questions on the answer sheets.)
I. Answer the following in one or two sentences : (1x10=10)
1. What do you understand by the term 'scale of a map' ?
2. What is meant by the rotation of earth? What is the effect of rotation?
3. How does the climate of a place affect the people living there? (any two points)
4. What causes the sun to rise in the East and set in the West?
5. What made it possible for humans to become better communicators than animals?
6. Which dangerous insect present in the forest of the DRC causes sleeping sickness?
7. How did early humans communicate with each other?
8. Name the two species of great apes found in the DRC?
9. What kind of climate does a city lying on equator have?
10. Why is television the most popular means of mass communication?
II. Define the following :- (1x5=5)
III. Answer the following briefly: (2x7=14)
1. Describe the Frigid zone?
2. How is the humidity in Chennai different from that of Jaisalmer in the 'Thar Desert' ?
3. Why do seasons repeat year after year?
4. How is direction usually shown in maps?
5. How do winds affect the climate of a place?
6. What is mass communication? Name four means of mass communication.
7. Why do we use a map rather than a globe to study earth? (Give two reasons)
IV. Answer the following questions in 3-4 sentences : (3x5=15)
1. Describe the ways pygmies live? (Any three points)
2. What are symbols? Draw symbols used for the representation of the following in maps:
(a) Railway Line (b) River (c) Capital of country (d) Bridge
3. Describe tropical rainforests ?
4. Why do areas near the equator receive more heat from the sun than those near the poles?
5. How did satellites improve communication?
V. Draw a neatly labelled and coloured diagram of all the three heat zones. (3)
VI. Mark the following places on the World Map (Physical): (½x6=3)
1. Arctic Ocean 2. Atlantic Ocean 3. Indian Ocean 4. North America 5. Africa 6. Asia
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set B.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›