CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set C. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I Tick (√) the correct answer :
1. When composting biodegradable waste, which of the following are you doing ?
a) refusing b) reducing c) recycling
2. Which of these will not rot even if left for a long time ?
a) Cloth bag b) plastic bag c) leather bag
3. Waste thrown or buried in land, causes _____
a) Land pollution b) water pollution c) air pollution
4. Using a plastic bottle to store water in the refrigerator, is an example of ______
a) reusing b) recycling c) reducing
5. Which gas is responsible for Global Warming?
a) oxygen b) carbon dioxide c) nitrogen
6. Which of the following is non-biodegradable?
a) Leather belt b) silver foil c) vegetable peels
7. Rotting of leaves can produce ________.
a) Land pollution b) compost c) garbage
8. Which of the following is an example of ‘Refuse’?
a) Avoiding plastic bags while shopping b) Making paper bags from old newspaper c) Buying vegetables according to one’s need
9. Where was the first trading centre established by the British in India?
a) Bangalore b) Surat c) Bihar
10. The climate of Saudi Arabia is best described as ________________ .
a) neither very hot nor very cold b) hot and dry c) cold and wet
11. Which is the largest oasis in Saudi Arabia?
a) Riyadh b) Al- Hasa c) Jeddah
12. What are the grasslands in North America called?
a) prairies b) pampas c) downs
13. In which part of the prairies are most of the ranches present?
a) east b) west c) north
14. Downs are the grasslands in _____.
a) Russia b) Africa c) Australia
15. The Indian soldier who started the Revolt against the British was______.
a) Tantia Tope b) Nana Saheb c) Mangal Pandey
16. The Revolt of 1857 started in the city of _________
a) Meerut b) Calcutta c) Bombay
17. Which of these countries traded with India about 500 years ago?
a) Britain b) Portugal c) France
18. Who said these words – ‘Freedom is my birth right and I shall have it’?
a) Lala Lajpat Rai b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak c) Gopal Krishan Gokhle
19. Which one of them was not a ‘moderate’?
a) Dadabhai Naroji b) W.C Banerjee c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
20. Indians who thought that the British should be driven out with the help of arms were
known as_______ .
a) extremists b) moderates c) social reformers
Note: All the answers should be done on the answer sheet.
I. Give one word for the following. (½ x 6=3)
1) What are people of Portugal called?
2) What are hills of sand that keep shifting because of strong winds called?
3) Which religion is the official religion of Saudi Arabia?
4) Name the heat zone where most of the grasslands lie.
5) Who was declared the leader of 1857 Revolt?
6) Name the newspaper started by Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
II . Give two names for the following:- (1x8=8)
1) Name two important Muslim religious centres in Saudi Arabia.
2) Name two rivers that flow through the prairies.
3) Name two European countries that started trading with India.
4) How did the moderates help in the struggle for freedom?
5) Name two leaders in the Indian National Congress who wanted to take a stronger approach to the British.
6) Name two kinds of wastes.
7) Give two examples of air pollution.
8) Name two crops that are grown by the people in Saudi Arabia.
III. Fill in the blanks: (½x10=5)
1. During the ____________ movement people burnt British goods.
2. The first session of the Indian National Congress was held in _____________.
3. The first European to find a sea route to India was ________________ .
4. The British became very powerful in Bengal after the Battle of ___________ .
5. Drinking polluted water can cause several _____________.
6. ______________ means to make impure or unclean.
7. Large farms in the prairies, used to rear cattle, are known as _________.
8. _____________ are the grasslands in South America.
9. The capital of Saudi Arabia is ___________.
10. Nomads of Saudi Arabia are called _____________.
IV. Answer the following briefly:- (2x4=8)
a) Write two ways by which you can conserve water.
b) What are prairies?
c) Why were the British able to crust the Revolt of 1857?
d) Who did the British defeat in the first Battle of Plassey? And in which year?
V. Answer the following in three – four sentences each: (3x4=12)
a) Why is Saudi Arabia such a rich country?
b) What is the main occupation of the people in western part of the prairies? And why?
c) Why did the countries trading with India fight among themselves? Who finally won the fight?
d) Why did the reformers want to educate the people of India?
VI. Mark the following in the physical map of the World. (½x8=4)
a) Prairies d) Downs g) Indian Ocean
b) Pampas e) Asia h) North America
c) Steppes f) Pacific Ocean
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set C.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›