CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set A. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I. Choose the correct option:
1. The Kirghiz tribe live in
a. Prairies b. Steppes c. Veld
1. Steppes (b)
2. Who amongst these challenged the British for the first time in 1857?
a. Rani Lakshmibai b. Tantia Tope c. Both of them
2. Both of them (c)
3. Which of these is not an official language of the UN?
a. French b. Russian c. German
3. German (c)
4. Who gave the slogan Jai Hind?
a. Subhash Chandra Bose b. Bal Gangadhar Tilak c. Tantia Tope
4. Subhash Chandra Bose (a)
5. The type of grass found in the steppes are
a. Tall b. Short c. Very Tall
5. Short (b)
6. How many permanent members does the UN Security Council have ?
a. 10 b. 5 c. 15
6. 5 (b)
II. Fill in the blanks :
1. Hot winds called ______________ blow in the prairies .
2. __________________ was born on 23 July 1856 in Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
3. In the northern hemisphere the grasslands have a _______________ climate .
4. The UN was established to prevent ___________ .
Ans. II. Fill in the blanks : (½ ×4 = 2)
2. Lokmanya Tilak
III. Unscramble the words to form correct words:
1. Another name for enormous farms in South America : (STEACINAS)
2. Headquarters of WHO : (EGENAV)
Ans. 1. ESTANCIAS
IV. Define the following :
1. Combine Harvesters 2. Missionary
1.Combine Harvesters - A large farm machine which cuts a crop and separate the grains from the rest of the plant
2. Missionary - A person who is sent to a foreign country to teach people about Christianity.
V. Answer the following briefly :
1. Who died in Kalpi in 1858 ?
2. Give any two objectives of the UN ?
3. Full form of : a. UNICEF b. INA
Ans . 1 Rani Lakshmibai
Ans. 2 Mark accordingly
Ans. 3 a. UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
b. INA - Indian National Army
VI. Answer the following questions :
1. Explain the climate of the temperate grasslands?
Ans.1 In the northern hemisphere, the grasslands are found in the interior of the continents. These areas are very hot in summer and cold in winter .This is known as the continental type of climate. In the southern hemisphere, the temperate grasslands is located near the coasts. The climate is moderate, which is it is neither very hot nor very cold. . In the winter months the sea has a moderating influence on the climate.
2. What was Doctrine of Lapse?
Ans.2 Under this policy, after an Indian ruler died, an adopted son would not be allowed to inherit the throne. Only a natural male heir could become the ruler. In case there were no natural heirs, the state would pass into the hands of the British .
3. What is the role of the Economic and Social Council?
Ans. 3 The Economic and Social Council helps the General Assembly promote economic growth and social progress across the world.
VII. What do these dates stand for:
1. 23 January 1897
2. 24 October 1945
3. 1939 4. 13 February 1879
Ans.1. 23 January 1897 : Birthday of Subhash Chandra Bose / Netaji
2. 24 October 1945 : United Nations Organization was formed
3. 1939 : Second World War broke out / started
4. 13 February 1879 : Birthday of Sarojini Naidu
UNIT TEST - SYLLABUS
1. L – 7
The Temperate Zone
2. L - 17
We Are Proud of Them
3. L- 20
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 5 Social Science Sample Paper Set A.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›