CBSE Class 8 Science Sample Paper Set Y. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
1. Potable water should be
a. Colourless b. odourless c. tasteless d.all the above
2. Select the correct statement.
a. Speed of violet colour is maximum and red colour is minimum.
b. Violet colour bends the least during dispersion
c. speed of red colour is maximum and violet colour is minimum.
d. Dispersion of white light can be seen when it passes through a rarer medium.
3. The fibre which resembles wool
a. Terylene b. Rayon c. Acrylon d.Nylon
4. Which of the following facts are true for sound?
i. Sound needs a medium for its propagation
ii. Sound propagates fastest in gases.
iii. Speed of sound is faster than speed of light.
iv. sounds with frequencies below 20Hz are called infrasonic sounds.
a. Only i b. both i&ii c. both iii&iv d. both i&iv
5. What is the principle behind the treatment of industrial waste?
6. _________________ controls the amount of light entering the eye so that the image can be formed on the .
7. Why is blind spot of the eye called so?
8.How is calorific value of fuel related to its efficiency?
9. It is not advisable to wear synthetic clothes in science laboratory. Why?
10. What are asteroids?
11. How do agricultural activities contribute to water pollution?
12. Identify the eye defects in the given cases and suggest suitable remedies for the same.
a. Image formed behind the retina .
b. a thin membrane develops over the lens.
13. Can water become fit for drinking by adding alum or filtering? Justify.
14. The speed of light in a given medium is taken as an indicator of its optical density. Explain.
15. Explain the reason behind the formation of Echo.
16. What would happen if
a. we keep a glass tube in the innermost Zone of the flame?
b. unburnt carbon particles are released in air?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 Science Sample Paper Set Y.