CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper SA 1 2010 (2). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
SECTION - I
1. Give an example of an exothermic reaction.
2. Write electronic configuration of an element having atomic number 11.
3. Two resistors of 20 Ω and 40 Ω are connected in parallel in an electric circuit. How does the current passing through the two resistors compare ?
4. State the main function of abscisic acid in plants.
5. "Oxidation and reduction processes occur simultaneously." Justify this statement with the help of an example.
6. "Barium chloride reacts with aluminium sulphate to give aluminium chloride and a precipitate of barium sulphate"
(i) Translate the above statement into a chemical equation.
(ii) State two types in which this reaction can be classified.
7. Write the chemical name and formula of bleaching powder. How is it prepared ?
8. Give reason for the following
(i) Ionic compounds have usually high melting and boiling points.
(ii) Metals are good conductors of electricity whereas non-metals are not.
9. State the factors on which the resistance of a cylindrical conductor depends. How will resistance of a conductor change if it is stretched so that its length is doubled ?
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper SA 1 2010 (2).